Free visas for all tourists; reduce entrance

Mentors

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont need a visa this trip, but anyone who can get one in Oz should do so : $45 is a bargain compared to the queues in Singapore/Laos etc ...

That visa run to Laos sticks in my mind as one of the worst 48 hour stretches of my life - have a permanent knee injury to forever remind me of the stupidity of my ways, but there is literally nothing else to do in Vientiane other than get hammered. Makes Udon Thani and Nongkhai seem like Disneyland and Vegas by comparison.

You should have went to Poipet especially if you like walking around with your hands in your pockets

I guess it makes a change from walking around BKK with someone else's hands in your pockets :smirk:

That reminds me - must pack my 'Walking ATM' t-shirt. Its a bit like walking around with an 'I LOVE BANGKOK !' t-shirt on : you look like a dork, and the sarcasm is completely lost on the locals.

I wanted to be an Honary Longhorn, but the Aggies dragged me along to Ozfest 2000 at Houston Speedway and after a few tabs of Acid I became one of them!

I really had a good time at Bockoberfest as an honoury Limey with a bunch of Texans spending a weekend in Shiner, beers all the way and also had many a good weekend away Tubing

This dumb fux limey knows a little bit of fun States Side .... Disclaimer I Know that TX is not realy the States

Found this old news:

Deputy Spokesman of Prime Minister's Office Mr. Puttipong Punnakan (à¸?ุà¸?à¸?ิà¸?à¸?ษà¹? à¸?ุà¸?à¸?à¸Âัà¸?à¸?à¹?) revealed that a meeting of the Council of Economic Ministers on Wednesday (January 14) consented to slash fees for all kinds of visas for foreigners visiting the country for three months, effective on January 20.

Source: National News Bureau of Thailand - 15 January 2009

Today 22 Feb 2009 some consulates said they were aware of the rule, pending execution (needing some signature of someone in the actual government?) Will that bill be signed this year or next year, who knows? :neener:

doh those 2 things are totally unrelated dude :rolleyes:

if one is fed up with the reduced border run visa I say time to pay up & get the elite card i.e. no more border runs.

but actually since neighbouring countries are not prime targets for LOS tourism it makes perfect sense! anyway prime tourists don't even stay close to 15days - 2-8days are prolly typical for asians ;)

World fun,

To the best of my knowledge the elite card has ceased to exist.......?

Archived