Indian curries

gobbledonk

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:green]"I'm just seldom in that part of town."[/color]

That's the problem for me and the good suggestions in "Little India" (Pahurhat)... :dunno:

Himali Cha Cha (Suk 31) and New Buccara (sp?) on Suk near soi 7 are good too, if in the ghetto.

Cheers,

SD

Can't picture it -- I'll have to look for and try that one.

But it was not Rang Mahal. That is on the 26th floor of the Rembrandt. Great views and indeed romantic ambience.

Cheers,

SD

WHat are the prices for the brunch buffet you mentioned? also the days and hours they offer it...thank you....

Cmon CTO - you know I prefer the 'premium' street food at Soi 4 to most of the tripe they dish up in BKK restaurants ! :content:

Whilst I accept that I do slum it most of the time, this place had the pressed linen, ornate decoration and well-dressed serving wenches that I associate with 'higher end' dining. That traditional Thai place down the road from Cowboy is more expensive, but they both lightened my wallet .....

Can't picture it -- I'll have to look for and try that one.

But it was not Rang Mahal. That is on the 26th floor of the Rembrandt. Great views and indeed romantic ambience.

Cheers' date='

SD[/quote']

WHat are the prices for the brunch buffet you mentioned? also the days and hours they offer it...thank you....

Sunday from 1100-1430. ~B600 all in last time I had it a few months ago. Includes free fruit juices and/or lassis. Nice spread.

Dinners are a bit more spendy. Figure ~B1200/ea without booze/wine.

Cheers,

SD

I've been to a nice one in a soi opposite the Narai Hotel. Little known and patronized mainly by Indians and Pakistanis. The veg Thali was good and reasonably priced. I'm just seldom in that part of town.

Are you sure?

I thought Indians and Pakistanis hated each other with a vengeance! :confused:

Archived