In MEL for the Super Bowl...

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Confident that you found a suitable venue for the game.

How did you like it? I thought it was one of the better games over the years, despite what seemed like a penalty being called every series.

Big Ben...the guy is a fucking HORSE ! Of course, I've seen him before, but he still amazes me. One stinking play at the first half scuttled my "dream" that Arizona would win. Still, a lot closer than even the bookies thought...so I guess those who took the points are happy. :)

I was happy to see Fitzgerald finally get the ball. I guess they had him double-covered most of the game. I've seen a lot of him in the playoffs. No doubt who I'd chose over TO and some of the clowns in the league. The guy is a real threat and makes some unbelieveable plays. :thumbup:

HH

Great game; I only saw the second half as I had some work to do in the morning with a customer.

I went to a couple of venues, but they were standing room only, and I just ended up going back to the hotel to watch as I wasn't feeling sociable anyway.

So, that's two really good SBs in as many years!

Cheers,

SD

So, that's two really good SBs in as many years!

Cheers,

SD

Yes it is ! There have been too many not interesting or exciting over the years. Nobody can say that these last two years were that. Some writer on the net recalled that it was with the same 35 seconds last year that the game was won.

Interesting that the game was being played in "packed houses" where u are. Americans or Aussies? (I'm hoping to hear that Aussies like to watch guys run around in tight-fitting pants. 555555555)

BTW, next year's game in the UK was sold out in just a few hours. 70,000 ducats ! Wanna to buy a franchise? :)

HH

From start to finish, including the Rruce Springteen half-time show, was about 3 1/2 hours. TV stuff about the game started about 6 hours earlier. Didn't watch that crap.

I can recall going to the games in LA in the 50's and 60's when you could set your watch by the game times. Start at 1:05 and end between 2:35 and 2:40. Of course, there weren't all of the TV ads in those days. 1 1/2 hours between kick off and the final gun. (BTW, I don't recall a "final gun" anymore. When did that stop, or did it?)

HH

Archived