Cost of Living (Survival) in LOS ?

sidsanuk

I live a less luxery style but comfortable.

* 3 Bedroom House/Apartment is owned, so no rent.

Currently I live 100m from Fortune (i.e. very central) small courtyad car park for one 4 bedrooms 3 toilets - 20K a month

* Utilities power, gas, water(fully aircon).

Large family and work - so we pay about 8k a month

* Household rates/taxes, council charges.

Rent so not applicable

* Food and household consumables.

Depends on taste - about 10 - 20 K a month depending on who is here - we live with 4 adults 2 children

* Car Registration, Insurance, Fuel, annual service. (20,000 kms / yr max)

Insurance was 17k (second year) petrol is 18 baht a liter - a few months back 36 - impossible to say. Repairs on cans are VERY cheap - a ding and great paint job was repaired for 4000 baht!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To add to living - I'd advive not living in central Bangkok - you pay to live in Suk.

I saw a house yesterday we may move too. Wood, large real garden, great area - not too close to public transport - 25K a month.

On Suk the same house and garden would be 50++++

To add to living - I'd advive not living in central Bangkok - you pay to live in Suk.

I saw a house yesterday we may move too. Wood, large real garden, great area - not too close to public transport - 25K a month.

On Suk the same house and garden would be 50++++

Sounds good. We'll be buying though, not renting. And agree that we'll be keeping well away from the centre. Have done a bit of house hunting on the last few trips, and anywhere near the centre is more expensive than Sydney. And Sydney is expensive.

I would expect to be an hour or so from the centre (by cab). Ideally close to BTS / MRT or at least near future stations.

Not many woods in Bangkok - wooden floors - sliding floor to ceiling doors - a lot of wood with cement the rest. Bungalow style common back of Suk/Sillypore etc

Sid - if an hour away was ok - then I'd look out near Changwattana - area is moving ahead fast - nice area. Lots of Farms out there etc.

Sid - if an hour away was ok - then I'd look out near Changwattana - area is moving ahead fast - nice area. Lots of Farms out there etc.

Picking a good location is tricky. We looked at some new developments last year, but they were about 2 hours out and houses crammed together. Like living in SW Sydney!

We'd rather have an older style place (with character) that has a bit of space around it, 1/2 Rai (800 square metres) or more would be nice. Bit of a garden and space for a pool. Not sure how far out we would need to go to get that at a reasonable price? Budget is probably Baht 15-20 million tops.

So it's either outskirts of BKK as near as we can be to good public transport. Not sure if we could get near BTS or MRT with that space requirement and budget. I doubt it.

Other option is out of town near (or on) the beach. But not too far from BKK. Maybe North or South of PTY somewhere, away from all you mongers!. Bang Sae or other places mentioned already.

Not sure if there are other suitable places on the other side of the Gulf? Wouldn't want to go as far as Cha Am. Anything closer to BKK?

Archived