Visa for Thai to Australia???

rickfarang

Does anybody have any direct experience in getting a visa for a Thai woman to visit Australia? This wold be for a wedding, so I suppose it would be a tourist visa.

I will appreciate any info, particularly relating to hoops one might have to jump through.

Thank you in advance. :content:

Glean what you can from these old notes in reply to a similar question a year or so ago. There may be some bits that you can apply to your own situation.

The Oz government is trying to protect both the sponsor and the girl from exploitation. As a mate mentioned to me the other day, it's a pity the Oz govt doesn't offer a 15 or 30 day tourist visa option. Then they wouldn't have to be so heavy handed about insisting on support criteria for 3 month stays etc.

I am an Aussie. I don't know what the process is like for other nationalities taking a guest to Oz.

If your partner is a GTG or your wife with a respectable job, proof of income, family/property ties, financial ability to support her stay etc you should have no problems. Take all that proof with you when you apply. Oz immigration simply want to know the person will return to Thailand and not overstay or look for employment. So they make you jump through a few hoops.

In just 30 minutes at the embassy I got a 3 month, then later a 6 month visa for my ex BG ex girlfriend, by doing a bit of an overkill job on the application and telling a few white lies.

I showed them all the paperwork, letters, phone bills, photos at the temple etc as proof of our ongoing relationship. I also had proof of my home ownership and income, willingness to buy travel insurance and spending money for her etc, crossed all the ts dotted all the i's.

If your guest is an ex BG, don't say you met the her in a bar in Pattaya!! Think of a job with a paperless trail.... maid, food vendor etc. casual meet on a bus to a tourist attraction near her home town etc. Get her to open a bank account in her home town, not Pattaya - they want to see it. Get your gf to dress modestly, no heavy makeup or gold. You wear trousers, shirt and tie. Practise all the loopholes in a mock interview with your gf. All bullshit I know. You MUST attend the interview with your gf... they won't try to intimidate you as they would a fellow Thai of lower status.

I had no trouble.

Good luck mate.

:beer:

Archived