Visa For Thai to Visit U.S. -interview schedule question

rickfarang

We are trying to schedule an interview for a tourist visa to the U.S., and we have to do this via the web. The only problem is, the U.S. Embassy's calendar seems blank (neither open nor booked up) from about four weeks out. I can't tell if the site is broken, or they only schedule a few week ahead.

If they only schedule a few weeks ahead, and they are always backed up, it seems rather rude to make people buy a PIN so they can wait for the chance to book an appointment. Especially for people upcountry who have jobs or school and can't run down to Bangkok at any time. Rant over.

Anybody know the story on the scheduling website?

Is it broken, or just bad?

As I'm sure you know, the Bangkok embassy doesn't take phone calls or emails. If no one on this board has an answer, you can contact the lawyer, Ben Hart, that I used for permanent residency visas for my wife and kids and I'm sure he would help. His email address is; benwhart28@yahoo.com

DO NOT PAY LAWYERS for this... I have a whole nother rant for that issue1 American Cit Services will do it all for you!

Ola RichieFarangoid!

Well, firstly there is e-mail for the US Embassy on Wireless.. On the West Side there is no phone or e-mail but you need top cross the street (BTW, be careful as J-walkers get trashed by the BIB. Take a cab for 35 baht (J tix 200 Baht) and they do a Uie and drop you off at American Cit Services.

Don't wait in the line as you are heading to America.. inside the ground you are in America

Just show the passport book cover to the guard and head right in. Now just in the door you have to check your mobile, umbrellas and other shite! Head up the ramp and into the room to take a number. Remember that you have head of the line rights in the areas that are open for Thai's (after they waited hours in the street)

Here is the e-mail for Amer Cit Services, they are great in getting back to you with the right info.

acsbkk@state.gov

That is the key to many issues. You'll find that the office is great! Obviously, I have a bit of experience with the thingo...

Now, how about a big Thanks, all of the little Torch Slingeing Cints, faild to unlock this big door for you. Fellow Yank, we know why... Yep, all the torchettes abound here can't get into the express line (so they don't know jack), wrong little booklet cover! Khoa Jai?

I think that my lawyer friend probably would have checked on it for free, as he is there on other business and it would save a trip to Bangkok from Udon Thani. I would agree that using lawyers for visas isn't necessary unless you are in a hurry to get one. The only time I used one in my permanent residnecy visa process was the day of the interview and he came with me as a courtesy. By the way, could you translate your last paragraph to normal english?

Archived