Penthouse hotel,Pattaya

Lusty

Just been checking their website and looking at their rooms plus their "fantasy airport pick up" :p .

Obviously looking at the photos of the rooms,this hotel is a bordello.

Anyway it looks like a lot of fun even if you were to try it once.

Is it as good as it claims to be,any user reports?

Thanx

Stayed there one night but honestly got so f'ed up I went back to the room and passed out. Was probably in the room in a conscious state for a total of 30 minutes.

Well it took about an hour trying to figure out how to turn off all the flashing / blinking lights before I could pass out; but you get the picture.

Have heard from others that yes it is a great time for a one time visit. Sorry but I don't have much recollection.

Had a bad reputation a few years ago. My mate (a regular patron there) got money stolen from his safety deposit box... obviously an inside job, and they tried to sweep it under the carpet until he got the police involved.

Their attached gogo bar was a notorious rip off joint for LDs.... see archives.

That was 6 years ago. Of course, may be under new management now.

:beer:

Stayed at Penthouse on 1st trip to Pattaya years ago.

Recommend to others to stay there at least once. They have and they have enjoyed it.

Hotel has good breakfast on side. Very good location and short distance to Walking Street.

This is not a very large hotel nor is it new. But the rooms are definitely interesting.

I still recommend for all to stay at least once.

Advised one newbie to stay there on his first trip to Pattaya. I stayed at my regular discount - the Bella Vista on Soi 8. Since he was new, I walked with him back to the Penthouse to make sure he actually got there. Just before the hotel something rubbed up against my arm and his arm. We turned around and there was an elephant. Certainly a amazement for him.

He enjoyed his one and only trip to Thailand. And the Penthouse Hotel.

Just been checking their website and looking at their rooms plus their "fantasy airport pick up" :p .

Obviously looking at the photos of the rooms,this hotel is a bordello.

Anyway it looks like a lot of fun even if you were to try it once.

Is it as good as it claims to be,any user reports?

Thanx

The Penthouse is just 'OK'.

Sort of a bizzare place to stay, odd bumpy textures on all the walls, insane room lighting, and no shortage of "Halls" caugh drops in the rooms.

They seem to have problems with noise, bugs, and from what I've heard from others over the years, a somewhat less than honest staff. (I personally have not had a problem with the latter.)

I've stayed in 2000,2002,and 2004. Stopped going when I heard that they were starting to impose joiner fees for girls that don't come out of Cats a go go.

-=/NN

• 7 years later...

As far as the bug problem goes, I've found it much improved in stays in recent years - used to be a disaster. Here's a note they include on their welcome page, which must be a first for a hotel!

Protected by: Mar Yam Pest Control (Thailand), and a couple of House Cats. Click here.

" It should be remembered, that death apart, which is that, that grabs the headlines ... the long term effect of this practice can only be imagined regarding to one's health in the future, not withstanding that of future generations yet unborn. ( Personally ! ... and off the record; .. I would & do feel safer if I were to find 'Some-sign-of Life' during my various travels around Asia ! ... But do understand that this is purely subjective ). " and more alarming still?