Immigration office changes

cheekyboy

Six freaking hours at Suan Phlu today for 90 day reporting 10 AM til 4PM, just having an ice cold beer now to calm me down!

Why the fuck do fucking Indians congregate around the counter like flies on shit?

Answers on a postcard!

That would definitely have had me spitting feathers. I've never had to do the 90 day thing, I always leave for work somewhere within that time frame but no doubt the day will come except I plan to be all pr'd up by then, think that removes the 90 day requirement.

I'm guessing that you take a ticket or queue up for this thing in some way. How about rent a taxi boy for a day, would be worth some baht to me having somebody queue while I go relax not too far away with instructions to call when either a certain number comes up or a certain number of people ahead in the queue. Seen that done elsewhere.

Went to to the immigration office the other day...

(here in Spain)

There are two waiting lines, one for EU citizens (usually empty) and the other one for not EU citizens

(usually 500m long)

I was there just to get a stamp for my life insurance contract -> was the only "customer" as my ticket was called immediately...

Arriving at the counter I see 5 Indians packed there speaking very loudly (not in Spanish and from what I understood it was mix of Ingrish)

Funny thing was that the employee, of course didn't understand what they were saying and these guys obviously didn't understand she was telling them to move to the other waiting line....

All in all I stood there 10 minutes having a laugh at the "show"....unfortunately, when I decided to end the public display -> these morons refused to move and stil understood nothing.

In the end two policemen were called by the employee -> and these fellows were taken away.

I suppose they still didn't understand they were in the wrong waiting line, that they needed a ticket and were pissing off everyone.

Got my stamp in 10 seconds and left.

If I compare this to a few year ago at the immigration office in BKK, I waited 20 minutes for my new WP....but there wasn't so much fun with morons.

well to go further off topic I'm never having any fun at any government offices, embassies etc - for sure however one of the worst embassies to visit is the Indian ones while e.g. Singapore immigration office seem to have found a way to 'handle' the Indians there I guess the 'Singapore-Indians' are somewhat able to 'understand' them LOL :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

There now seem to be a logic behind the new 'service areas' - at least in 'metro bkk' as per thai visa: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Strict-Immigration-Office-Areas-t242451.html&st=280

basically there's a room 507 @ suan plu who handles all central provinces except bkk i.e. nonthaburi, pathum thani, samut prakan etc :up: finally some sense & even a choice is given - use central or local office up to you or even 1stop rasa tower for 90reporting :beer:

Archived