The A - Z of Thai Scams

cheekyboy

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing wrong with that, at least its on-topic and informative. I presume this board does get new members? Perhaps for them this could be useful

The guy posts something and gets shot down in flames, isnt that what Stick mentioned a few weeks ago about certain forums? Do we want to become like that ? Its not COMPULSORY to reply to a article if you dont like it !

Let's play the game

ATM fake: Never encountered the problem

Beggars: I sometimes witnessed BG giving money to some beggars, I never do except when my missus tells me to do

Cheap Charlie: Never been called this name and couldn't care less if I someone told me I am a CC.

Dual pricing: Never happened to me, not even in MP

Exact change required (taxis, tuk tuks): I always carry small change

Free taxi ride: Never been offered one except by a BG

Gem scam: Never happened to me either

Hotel safe: Always had safe safe

Internet love: Nothing wrong with that as long as you are cautious, I met my missus through internet

and if she had only two qualities: She is honest and has a very big heart (jaidee so to speak)

'Joiner' Fee: It exists and although a nuisance for punters it can make sense at some hotels

Katoey Pickpockets: Never came close to a LB

Lady drink: This is normal, bars have to make money and the girls too, if you don't want to spend money on LD then just don't offer one...

Money changing: Never had the problem

Need you for a card game scam: Only been offered this in EU, never in LOS

Overpricing: Normal, after all Thai people love to negotiate...just don't accept the first price offered

Padding the bill: Happens everywhere not only in LOS, never happened to me though

Questionnaire and Scratch card: Never saw one of these

Rigging the price at the petrol station: I am not crazy enough to drive in LOS, they drive on the wrong side of the road

Sponsorship: This is Asia remember? Buying companionship is normal, if you picked the wrong girl then this is your fault, plenty of sponsored ladies in LOS who understand the contract -> no cheating etc...(go have a look at G clubs)

Sin Soht: Thai custom, your choice to play the game or not

Tipping: Tips are always welcome, this is called rewarding a good service, buying loyalty

Tuk tuks: Do as Thais do, negotiate and if it fails then just go see the next one

Under the influence (driving): I repeat I don't drive

Vehicle damage: Still not driving

Wifeâ??s name (business or property): This is the law, when you enter the game know the rules

X rated shows (touts): I am deaf

Yah Bah: Doing drugs is stupid

Zoo. Phuket zoo: I hate Phuket enough zoo 24H with all the farang tourists

thanks for posting. this site has a history of unregulated posting of links to stickmans site without complaints, until now. looks like a witch hunt on you.

Oh, I'm so sorry. I forgot that I cannot post an opinion without being called a bully.

Let's just turn this into a news compilation site. No original ideas wanted or accepted -- why go to Sticky's site when you can read it right here, eh? I'm sure both Stick & KS would be good with that :doah: ! Is that good with you LP & CF? I certainly would hate to have a competing opinion...

And idiots ask why people do not want to post. The mind boggles.

[/snark]

Regards,

SD

Tartemption, you obviously didn't see my thread about the process of getting my wife and kids a permanent residnecy visa, because I would have been put on 'ignore" and you wouldn't be reading this.

Why would you say that? I'm not a fan of Tartemption, but I don't believe that's what he meant (tho' I could be wrong).

Your posts, while not for everyone, were written by you and detailed unique experiences that you had. That makes them interesting.

Cut-n-pastes tell us nothing of the poster's thoughts, how he thinks, nor his experiences. Boring.

And legally, I'd say that, regarding the OP, that much cut-n-paste without links is against the Fair Use Doctrine. We don't need trouble around here...

Cheers,

SD

drogon ,

the last I remember were around 25 potential gems from a Thai chatboard , followed by a young lady with excellent education and working in a bank with a huuuuuge lobby all in granite and excellent contacts to the government . I skip any reports about potential marriages due to Soi 33 adventures to keep it easy . Would you mind updating me where in this collection I could position your current love-of-a-lifetime ?

Sorry about that SD. I should have put smileys after that post. I was only taking a small jab at Tartemption but was mainly poking fun at myself. I mainly did that visa thread to help out anyone in a similiar situation, which probably won't be very many persons. I realize that, for everyone else, reading through that thread would be like watching paint dry, somewhat excuriating. Concerning just posting quotes on Thai 360, others have done it before cheeyboy and other will do it after he get tired of either doing it or the critisism. If you don't like it or are bored by it, you don't have to read it. My New Year's resolution is to use more smileys in the future!

drogon ,

the last I remember were around 25 [color:red](Not 25 more like 10)[/color] potential gems [color:red](not gems, just ladies who appeared more educated than your average BG)[/color] from a Thai chatboard [color:red](TLL to name it)[/color], followed by a young lady with excellent education [color:red](just a bachelor and taking her MBA)[/color]and working in a bank [color:red](not a bank but a Thai property development/management company)[/color] with a huuuuuge lobby all in granite [color:red](the lobby is huge, indeed and with granite, at least enough to make me feel uncomfortable)[/color] and excellent contacts to the government [color:red](she is working as a government relations officer, which basically consists in offering xxxK bht gifts to the right officials in order that her company is able to obtain the "right" price for various pieces of land, get the right permits and so on)[/color] . I skip any reports about potential marriages due to Soi 33 adventures [color:red](I will indeed pay a visit to soi 33 in June)[/color] to keep it easy . Would you mind updating me where in this collection I could position your current love-of-a-lifetime ?

Sir bubi, you can locate her in Bangkok, when not at her condo or at the office she is going out with her friends/colleagues, love-of-a-lifetime, I don't believe in that anymore but she brings me peace, is honest, has a very big heart, bright and full of projects, not money hungry, good cook, let's say she is a modern traditional Thai lady

So if I had to get married it would be her I guess.

Greetings Sir Bubi, knight of the void

:neener::beer:

Archived