Highest taxi fare

teddy

That was pre 9-11 (and all the security regulations). Now, if I need to travel on the cheap, I try to find the biggest twister (thats tornado for everyone else) I can find and get as far as Vegas. The hard part is getting my suitcases on the same twister.

SGN Saigon to hotel downtown near City Hall.

I thinik at the time the rate advised to me was 70,000 VND. Others who recently did this trip advised me.

The taxi driver asked for 700,000 VND.

We had a slight difference of opinion. He 'lost' all his abilities to speak or understand English.

I advised taxi driver to wait whilst I went into hotel and find someone that spoke English. Before I exited the taxi - he took the 70,000 and drove off. I had already - and quickly taken out my luggage.

Needless to say, but I walked into wrong hotel and booked a room for the week. My reservations were for hotel just up street. And this hotel was newer, better, and cheaper. I had a nice stay at this wrong hotel. US $18.00 per night with free breakfast.

• 1 year later...
What's the most you have ever paid for a taxi ride.

I have just paid 320 pounds sterling, about US$470.

Someone please tell me they have paid more, just to make me feel better. :(

I missed this thread first go round and no one seemed to pay more than teddy so he probably feels bad. I want to ease your pain, teddy. I paid more than you once. No details but just know that you are not the biggest sap here.

Archived