The best cheap steak in Bangkok

dddave

Those of you who can spend B2000+++ on a steak at the Marriott or elsewhere can skip this; but those of you on a tight budget: pay attention!

CENTRAL WORLD MALL: CHIT LOM, 7TH LEVEL: TOPPS MARKET to the left of the cinema.

The Meat Dept. has a counter restaurant attached and they really know how to cook and sauce a steak. Every friend I have brought here has raved about it and returned with other friends.

Admittedly, a bit short on atmosphere.

Thai French: 200G=B199, 250G=B239

Australian: 200G=B239, 250G=B279

All steaks are correctly cooked to order and are served with a well made peppercorn sauce, sauteed mixed vegetables and a small but very nice salad.

You can also pick any steak from the meat case and they will cook and plate it with the same sides for B100 + the meat price.

They also serve a large Pork Chop with the same sides for B129 and an excellent Chicken Piccata for B99; hard to beat.

The Fish Dept. has the same arrangement. I've not eaten there but a friend said the B179 Salmon plate was delicious.

hours: 11:00am to 8:45pm

wonder what they understand by "Thai French"?

seems too expensive for a domestic steak but very cheap for a imported!

"Thai French" is a brand name for for a premium domestic meat wholesaler.

They have been around a long time.

One time, I had the "Thai-French" and a friend had the Australian. We exchanged bites, comparing the two. The Australian was just a bit tenderer and had a slightly more pronounced steak flavor but both were very good.

"Thai French" from what I have been told by the French chamber of commerce is indeed a premium local meat -> in fact it was a joint project between some French and Thailand...

Basically, getting a middle level quality French beef but raised in Thailand.

Wonder why Belgium with the Belgian Blue (or Belgian Blue white) has not tried to launch a similar project....

-> more meat for your buck

About the "Thai French" being a meat lover I tried it and in fact it is one of the best beef available at villa market IMO

Archived