Against my better judgment

HeartThais

a better business than the one she already has making 350K/year?

Excellent post.

So if I give a pithy cynical remark that is unrelated to the original question' date=' it is an excellent post?

Ok, let me pretend for a second that jonjon wasn't being a prick on purpose. Yes, I agree obviously that for a BG, fucking men is going to be more lucrative than just about any other job. So thank you for pointing out the obvious.

For the purposes of this discussion, let's assume a) there are reasons for her wanting to get out of the business. [/quote']

Really? A BG wanting out of the business....what a novel concept!

B) I'm not expecting any kind of return on investment. In fact, I think this will most likely fail.

So, you're just wasting your money?

c) I am not trying to buy her out of the bar business - in other words, she is free to fuck whomever she wants, whenever, for any amount of money. d) I have my own reasons for wanting to do this that have nothing to do with philanthropy. I'm not asking for advice on my rationale.

It's absolutely a philanthropic action if you're doing this for no personal gain....it is the very definition of the word!

philanthropy

Noun

pl -pies

1. the practice of helping people less well-off than oneself

2. love of mankind in general [Greek philanthrÃ…Âpia love of mankind]

philanthropic adj

philanthropist n

What I really want to know is what kind of business can 500K buy you?

Not much, maybe a small hair salon, coffee shop, very small internet cafe, beauty salon, roadside bar or restaurant....

As you haven't cited your reasons for this, expect it to be questioned. A part of my philanthropic nature is to take care of others who aren't able to do so. Your post is somewhat defensive which suggests there's more to your motives than you let on.

Personally I think you're making a big mistake...and as you've said, it's likely to fail....

So why do it? Do you take pleasure in setting others up to fail? It does seem a very odd thing to do. Anyway, I expect you to dislike this post as much as my previous one, but if I succeed in getting you to look at this scenario again (and look at your own motives) then I feel I've achieved something useful.

You need to ask her about her dreams and ambitions before you decide on a course of action. If her hearts not in it, then you've wasted everyones time and money.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a better business than the one she already has making 350K/year?

Excellent post.

So if I give a pithy cynical remark that is unrelated to the original question' date=' it is an excellent post?[/quote']

No. The answer is perfectly related to your original question, and provides a crucial insight. She is already working in the best line of work available to her. Your willingness to hand over 350K baht to her is evidence of that. Think rationally. If she remains a bargirl, is she likely to make that kind of money again? I say yes. If she opens a noodle stall or whatever, is she likely to make 350K baht in one year? No.

If you are determined to spend the money on her, put it in a certificate of deposit, or similar instrument, in a first-world country, and give her access (with an ATM card) to the monthly income from that, but not to the principal. That will improve her life a lot more than a failed hair salon where she can hire all her friends.

Somchai,

You come across as one of those sad little gits whom assumes all Thai Females are whores and you are far superior to them all.

Unfortunatley for you this is just a sad reflection of the low lifes that are prepared to associate with scum such as yourself. The OP did not ask for opinions about his self admitted choice against his better judgment, but asked for advice on the best way to make his "Hair Brained" investment work.

If ever you get any experience id doing business in Thailand or SE Asia your opinion may be valid, but as it is keep on shagging scabby whores and keep your indular Myopic opinions to the nightlife forum where most losers hang out.

Indeed and I've given some suggestions and advice, but post publically and get responses from the public...I also don't believe his reasons for doing this....

And with the greatest of respect, no one is going to tell me what I can and can't post...except the boss!

It is his money and his life, I guess I just don't like seeing someone make a fool of themselves.

Each to their own.

You come across as one of those sad little gits whom assumes all Thai Females are whores and you are far superior to them all.

1. You'd better take a refresher on the subjective and objective case in the English language. Saying "whom" doesn't make you hiso.

2. Umm, he said she's a whore.

Unfortunatley for you this is just a sad reflection of the low lifes that are prepared to associate with scum such as yourself. The OP did not ask for opinions about his self admitted choice against his better judgment, but asked for advice on the best way to make his "Hair Brained" investment work.

He didn't ask for opinions, only advice? By the way, it's hare-brained, not hair-brained.

If ever you get any experience id doing business in Thailand or SE Asia your opinion may be valid, but as it is keep on shagging scabby whores and keep your indular Myopic opinions to the nightlife forum where most losers hang out.

Are you drunk?

can she hack the weekly hours that need to be put into a long term business? she will prolly need to do a 10 hour day maybe more ,6-7 days a week ,i doubt an ex BG will be able to stick at it for any length of time. they are too ill-disciplined to be able to do a daily grind type job .too many ingrained bad habits .after a life of shagging and sleeping it would be to hard to consider such a thing .

1. You'd better take a refresher on the subjective and objective case in the English language. Saying "whom" doesn't make you hiso.

2. Umm' date=' he said she's a whore.

He didn't ask for opinions, only advice? By the way, it's hare-brained, not hair-brained.

Are you drunk?

Of course I am Drunk, I must be to try to communicate with a pedentic english teacher!

Archived