Demoncrats Pushing the US Off a Cliff

Hugh_Hoy

I agree. However, whether or not a criminal fraud was committed is something that must be addressed. I think a thorough investigation might prove to be "interesting" for both political parties, in addition to the people working at AIG. I'd like to see a special prosecutor assigned just to AIG. Another couple for the banks and mortgage institutions. (Not so sure that Dodd and Frank would like to see it.)

HH

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was quite apparent' date=' except to those with their eyes closed and their ears shut, that this was an orchestrated "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" excuse to spend trillions the Treasury doesn't and won't have for years and years and years. [/quote']

We've been in much bigger debt before (as a % of GDP) and we did just fine. What's the cost to the economy of 2 years of negative growth followed by 8 years of flat growth? The fact is that the world is willing to lend to the US at barely above target inflation for 10 years. That means that somehow there is a huge contingency of people who think the US *can* pay back the debt and yet you are so sure we can't. The other issue is that if the US doesn't do this, there is no one left willing to pick up the slack. It sucks that there are a lot of export countries that are trying to piggyback off US stimulus but that's what we're stuck with.

We may very well be spending the money badly. But your stance seems to come from the kinda folksy wisdom like 'Don't rent if you can buy', 'Always pay in cash.' Somehow even after what just happened, conservatives are convinced that giving money to rich people will trickle down into the economy but injecting it directly is like throwing it away. So someone please explain to me why conservatives are so outraged by the AIG bonuses.

Lets assume this is as HH says, "...1 big the sky is falling..." deals. Who started it and why?

I'm confused. SD thinks conservatives think the huge bonuses are a good thing. You, apparently think conservatives think otherwise. Hmmmmmmm...since neither of you are likely to be referred to as a "conservative", I'll let you guys sort it out.

I'm as confused as well. Was it a Dem or a Rep that suggested AIG execs commit seppeku recently? And then was it the Dems or Reps who fought to limit the bonus restriction clauses in TARP I? It isn't that easy to sort out.

I think the skeme of giving more wealth to the rich was started by GWB's gang. The idea of giving the rich more so it can trickle down is a fundamental Conservative belief.

As for the shape of the country, the country has never faced such unpresedent situations as it faces today.

1. Widespead theft under the disguise of bailouts.

2. Unprecedent spending. No fiscal responsibilty and "I don't give a damn about the national debt." When the national debt surpasses the GNP maybe somebody will wake up.

3. Government orcheastrated the largest ponzi skeme in history known as Social Security and Medicare. When that scheme collapses, the country and the world are "fucked".

Sticks and stones, people. You know, it really doesn't matter anymore who the fuck started it or how we got here. We need the fucken system fixed and afterwards we can point fingers. Getting sick of Dems this and GOP that. Who gives a fuck?? We need it fixed!

I'm kinda leanin' towards OH's way of thinking......get rid of all incumbants. Done nothing for us.

Archived