Korean restaurant?

drogon

Soi 31? So this is the small "plaza/esplanade" before orange naughty massage? (coming from sukhumvit)

Well past Oranges. Pretty much nothing else on 31 past it until you get to the corner of the green route. But you can't miss it with the directions I've given.

*Excellent* quality meat, great service, nice sides, good selection of booze and it's cheap.

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the thai style "Korean BBQ" places have not much to do with real Korean food: in thai "moo kata", pork barbecued at the table; all you can eat for 99 Baht or whatever. feel lucky if you don't eat dog meat!

Koreans are beefeaters! Bulgogi, Bulkalbi etc.etc. good quality meat and it is not as cheap!

Other than the Kalbi, my favorite korean thing in the world is spicy barbequed pork, Daeji Bulgogi. Or Sahm-Kyup-Sal, korean style bacon. Or Jae Yuk Bokum, spicy pork stir-fried with vegetables and kimchi. Or Daeji Bulnok, spicy pork cooked with octopus. Korean pork rules because it is usually marinated in something spicy rather than the sweet soy marinade used in Kalbi and Bulgogi.

Kongju in the hotel attached to MBK is very good but very pricey. I can't remember exactly how much it cost but I do remember distinctly the sticker-shock upon opening the menu. If I were expensing the meal, I'd go there.

I've tried three different places in that korean shopping center on soi 12. I just picked them randomly so I don't remember any of the names but all of them were pretty good and authentic. I don't think you can go that wrong by picking a restaurant there.

the thai style "Korean BBQ" places have not much to do with real Korean food: in thai "moo kata", pork barbecued at the table; all you can eat for 99 Baht or whatever. feel lucky if you don't eat dog meat!

Koreans are beefeaters! Bulgogi, Bulkalbi etc.etc. good quality meat and it is not as cheap!

Actually, Koreans eat much pork than beef, most bulgogi is actually daechi (pork) bulgogi.

Beef is much more expensive than pork, beef is usually consumed as a special occasion; however this is changing as the re-introduction of US beef has reduced prices at places like E-Mart, Costco and Sams. Kalbi (beef ribs) is my favorite dish, but my wife likes Sam-gap-sul (pork belly), mainly because it's cheaper. She is always comparing prices in Seoul to prices in Thailand. As SAMAK noted Korean beef is not the same quality meat as you may get in LOS.

LOL, ya. When I say cheap for the Korean place on 31 that I am referring to, I mean ~B500/head for food...

yes sure the Soi 31 place is "cheap" for a Korean restaurant. however as said, sauces and sidedishes not really authentic.

with cheap i was refering to the numerous all you can eat Moo Kata/Korean BBQ places

Archived