Korean restaurant?

drogon

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would you have any to recommend?

Maybe at the small "Korean plaza" near suk soi 8?

(or is it soi12 near Time square building? Don't remember)

Back to your original question, the Korean Mall is at the corner of Suk. Soi 12.

Some of the places there aren't bad, moderately priced.

Soi 12 Korea Town is ok - but really need to know how to order / what to order in these places.

They try to be too authentic - there was a small one on soi 16 in the Lake Ratchada Building - very friendly owner (lady) who would go out of her way to help you order exactly what you would like. Not sure if that place is still open - but it was mainly a lunch place.

the thai style "Korean BBQ" places have not much to do with real Korean food: in thai "moo kata", pork barbecued at the table; all you can eat for 99 Baht or whatever. feel lucky if you don't eat dog meat!

I tried a moo kata place. If it wasn't for your post, I never would known that's what it is called. Couldn't tell you where as I was taken there as it was pretty far from Suk. It is most certainly not korean food. But it was all pretty tasty and no stomach problems afterward. They have a bunch of raw meats, seafood to grill and a bunch of things that can be boiled like at MK. The beef is flank steak I think (bit chewy).

They also have a ton of other food: dim sum, sushi-type rolls, som tams, spring rolls, etc... I can't believe they are making money at 99 baht all-you-can-eat. Pretty satisfied with my meal.

Archived