Overstaying visa - future impact

AloyMak

No i overstayed for over a year paid the fine flew out and was back in Bangkok 1 week later no problem.

Just not the best of idea's though ,just pay the overstay fine when you leave,and steer clear of the immigration police until then.

I've heard (with no first hand confirmation.) that an accumulation of overstays could make getting a long term visa, such as a retirement a bit more difficult.

They DID point out an overstay I had in my passport when I was applying for a tourist visa to Thailand in Saigon 2 years ago. I did get the visa but had to endure a bit of a scolding.

I had problems once. Immigration put a small sticker on the front of my passport and I was sent to the person who would receive my money. That person did not remove the sticker. about one month later I got to the US Immigration and one of the agents saw the sticker. Away they went with my passport. I guess they got the wording on the sticker translated because they came back and gave me my passport without any comments. The sticker said "Overstay 2 days".

Don't believe it - the Thai Immigration computers have looong memories - 4 passports ago, 12 years ago I had a passport stolen in Thailand. - every time I return to the country they scan, get ready to stamp and then . . . . . . they call over a supervisor who has to personally enter his code to let me in!

However I have before i had the right visa's and know others who have over stayed - never seems to be a problem.

But the past here doesn;t vanish (I wish it would - farkin annoying!!!!)

every time I return to the country they scan, get ready to stamp and then . . . . . . they call over a supervisor who has to personally enter his code to let me in!

i would also call the supervisor if you show up at my booth! :neener:

Archived