The famous Chiang Mai Noodle

Torneyboy

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i prefer the beef - quite amazed that that it took me many years of eating what I though was ALL kinds of Thai foods & then suddenly last year 'just another new noodle joint' opened around the office & then I realized - fuck this is something else!

then a bit later I visited Chaing Mai (again) & saw that indeed this is the 'main staple' up there - how could I not have noticed :banghead:

oh and I love it while most in bkk don't - boat noodles (originals up along rangsit klongs?) are quite nice too - coz they often serve som tam along with it!!) ;)

He was called Dumb Cunt!

Not as good as one place in Chaing Mai - a poster here took me to a great place in Chaing Mai - huge dish.

But as good as most places.

Baesement of Fortune - great value but get there either at 12 on the dot or wait a long time for a seat.

Ah, for the still lamented food stalls that long stood near Tha Pae Gate. Fantastic meals for next to nothing, big portions too. Didn't set up until about sundown. The SOB big restaurants got it stopped, claiming it was for health reasons. BS! It was because everyone prefered to eat there instead of in the expensive restaurants. :(

Archived