Another crackdown on after hour places in Bkk?

Hardy641

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
More shooting oneself in the foot by the Thai authorities? Do they actually want tourists?

Faustian, nothings really changed they want the farangs money but don't really want the farangs. If they had found a way of still getting the money without the inconvenience of having to have the farangs in the country I'm sure they would.

Simie.

Indeed, I'm beginning to dislike and distrust this new government. What with crackdowns and media censorship increasing, Mr A and his gang are looking a lot like they like power and using it for using its sake. Worrying.

I'd be curious to know if the Thai only after hours places (of which there are many more) are being hit also...?

They are definitely working on this.

Asking a cover charge and then closing the club a few min later goes toward this direction. I saw quite a few people having been just lured to buy a bottle and then even had the chance to open it. Of course no refunds were given. TIT

ok ...999,999,999... 1,000,000,000,000...

hmm so 'quality tourists' actively query the after hours night life before deciding making LOS their next party destination or not? :beer:

if so more power to them (in making the wrong choice since say 5-10years which was when BKK/LOS lost their 'great nightlife' wasn't it - although I don't see punters flocking to bali, jkk, cambo, kl, sg en masse due to it... :rolleyes:

It is the bigger picture. Whilst only a certain percentage of tourists want hookers and booze at 4am, a far higher percentage don't want to be told to go home and even more importantly, they sure as hell don't want some mickey mouse government or piss poor corrupt police force to change the rules during their holiday.

When a beer in Bangkok costs more than the UK, you don't want someone fucking up your holiday do you but that is what Thailand is doing.

Torrenova, you hit the nail on the head rather well I think. Most expats if they've got to get up for work the next day are not that bothered. But when a tourist has flown 6,000 miles or more and then as you said paid as much if not more for a beer than he would at home wants to be able to choose when he goes back to the hotel to bed, not be told like a teenager with a curfew.

Simie.

Archived