Daughter of famed Austrian crooner dies on Koh Samui

Mentors

I didn't think there were any famous Austrians' date=' I thought it was like Belgium, except for a bloke who died in 1945.

Cheers[/quote']

composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart!

composer Johann Strauss!

actor/US Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger!

artist Friedrich Hundertwasser!

conductor Herbert van Karajan!

F1 driver Niki Lauda!

skiing Franz Klammer!

Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz!

film director Fritz Lang!

psychiatrist Sigmund Freud.

etc. etc. :tophat:

I'd only count four of those as famous, the fact that you can only name a few indicates the lack of them.

Name three famous Englishmen

Scotsmen would be easier :cover:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My alltime favorite is " Herzen haben keine Fenster " by Elfi Graf . This song is very old but also very beautiful .

The tragedy with my favorite songs is that I am normally not allowed to listen to them in the presence of other people , therefore I have a Bose loudspeaker system in my car with 16 speakers and when I am on my own I can fully enjoy the music . Although it is very difficult to keep control of the car at high noise level .

I buy late progressive music ( Dean Martin , Frank Sinatra ) at a Patpong factory outlet , the classic music normally from the local supermarket at very good prices . These CD's are normally called " Goldene 60' er ", or " Heiteres Potpourri der guten Laune " sorry this is untranslatable .

Does anybody know Ralf Bendix , I have 2 albums with his signature . No fake . He wished me well about 30 years ago , so far it did work .

Again sorry for offtopic activities but I am emotionally driven away . verry sorry .

My second alltime favorite is Blue Bajou by Paola . But only in German . It is nowadays very complex to follow the music tecnology because most of my favorite music is not available on DVd or Ipod and when I get a new car they must take the radio etc out and replace it with something else that accepts tape cassettes which is not easy . Last time it took one week but now I am happy . It is important to have the engine running when I listen to my music otherwise the battery is empty very soon . The bass speakers are under the rear seats because nowhere else enough space , I found out in the meantime that this is sexually stimulating because of the vibrations :thumbup: . Which proves that listening to the music is generally a good thing .

I feel ashamed because this has nothing to with the original poster's intention , but I promise to improve my discipline .

BILL RAMSEY and his "Zuckerpuppe" or FREDDY QUINN "Junge komm bald wieder", HANS ALBERS "Auf der Reperbahn nachts umm halb eins" are also pretty good.

But the alltime winner must be "Immer wieder Sonntags" by CINDY & BERT

;)

MaW

Hat Rudi Carrel auch gesungen?

Yes: he a summer hit in Germany in 1975:

For those non Germans who have not heard about these singers, don't worry. I presume that they were a part of the reason why so many Germans emigrated to LOS and other countries far away (and without satellite TV or internet at that time).

:content:

That was one of the worst! City of New Orleans (especilly when sung by Willi Nelson) is one of the alltime greats. And than Ruuuudi came along...

...but I guess, this is a free world.

If I had a bar beer in Mui, I would have a foreign night once a week.

Enough German songs were mentioned above, but how about an evening with dutch carneval hits...

But maybe this is one of the reasons, why I DONT have a bar beer......

Nice evening to all

MaW

BTW: I've read in the Koh Samui times the other day, that they had some kind of Octoberfest in November there. BG in Dirndl, German Beer, Humpta Music and all you can "dream" of.

Drew quite e crowd and even so I am not a big fan of our friends at the alps, I guess it was fun.

MaW

You probably never went to the old Singha Bier Haus, sort of diagonally opposite Soi Cowboy on the Asoke side. The Thai waitresses wore Dirndls and their hair in braids. Unusual looking but interesting. Great food with real bread (instead of the Thai yuck), beer in boots etc. The Singha Bier Haus lasted for years. I'm not sure if the building is still there. If it is, you can't mistake it.

Right after the GIs left LOS, there was an influx of German and Swiss tourists (say around 1976). That's when restaurants like Haus Hamburg and Haus Muenchen opened. Some of the BGs even spoke sort of BG German. :p

Mentors ,

with the greatest of all pleasures I may let you know that I am the proud owner of a Karel Gott cassette which is called " Die Goldene Stimme von Prag " . Further I have Paola " Ihre GroÃ?en Erfolge " . This is my favorite background music on the Autobahn . I cannot listen to Hiphop or Rap because it is not good for my internal balance .

Archived