Bangkok Food Courts

FreeTime

Food courts in Bangkok are numerous, and great for a quick meal at reasonable cost. Tesco Lotus and Carrefour are everywhere, same same the ones I have seen, mostly uninteresting. Big C and Seri Centre have a different selection on offer. There is a fine food court at Queen Sirikit Convention Centre. I tried a differnt place today and was pleasantly surprised; Amarin Centre next to Chitlom BTS. You can access Amarin via the BTS walkway, go up two more floors. The place has a great view of Sukhumvit and skytrain. Vegetables, mushrooms, and omlette over rice for 50 baht. Bonus; the place is filled with women from surrounding offices at lunchtime. Double bonus; the building has a great set of glass sided escalators. Would like to find some other food courts in Saladaeng or other business areas near BTS and MRT if you know of any.

I'm partial to the food court on the 7th floor of Central Chitlom. They have a good system where you don't have to buy tickets in advance. You just get a barcode and pay whatever you eat afterwards. You can get some nice alternatives like Greek, Korean, Indian, Italian, etc...

The worst food court is the Emporium. Every time I eat there the food sucks.

Archived