TGs and priorities ..

gobbledonk

OK, at the risk of offending Thaihome and others, here I go again. I *do* realise that the cell phone is a major status symbol for TGs, good or bad, but I really have to question Crazypants priorities.

She emailed me wanting to know if I thought 10K baht was a good price for a secondhand iPhone her friend wants to offload I replied that perhaps she might like to consider getting a *job* before spending that kind of money. This, word for word, was her reply:

Ok i agree with you that it is not good spend money for 10000 bath on phone so i think i won't buy it. I think i will buy when my guy has more money and he agrees with me.

More money ? ROFLMAO ! I am hoping that her 'guy' is significantly more generous than old Gobble. If you are currently sending money to a TG, and she tells you that she just bought an iPhone, I'm sure its all a coincidence. That, and the odd email that I get addressed to 'Dear Kevin' ....

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My name is not Kevin :neener:

I do agree that TG priorities can puzzle us sometimes.

Although my missus seems reasonable at first sight, (condo + car -> for her work it is useful + later a house + happy family and no divorce)

I was stunned when talking about the car (she does really need one for her job):

She doesn't want a very expensive one -> thus a 500K bht one is ok but she doesn't want a pickup (which can cost as low as 350k bht)....

Although she knows fully well that a 500K bht car will request her to repay the loan for quite a few years -> she doesn't want to buy a pickup.

-> but GD: plenty of BG/GTG who are crazy when it comes to mobile etc...

but mind you, this is even worse here.

plenty of stupid (and now jobless) young Spanish women who are very happy to have the latest mobile (300-400 euros) while....they have no jobs.

plenty of stupid (and now jobless) young Spanish women who are very happy to have the latest mobile (300-400 euros) while....they have no jobs

Gee, Drogon, I wonder what kind of *profession* those hapless young women might find their way into in these troubling times ? Perhaps 'first world' Spaniards might find themselves confronted with significantly more 'third world' options ....

Spaniards between 25-40 are great people, probably the best people I met in Europe and a pleasure to work with.

Problem is the older ones -> are a bit nostalgic of Franco and didn't keep up with the world's evolution

(technology, mentality etc..)

The young ones, especially in the 18-25 bracket are the worst I ever met in Europe...

Superficial, materialistic and quite racist.

Been more than one year since I am here and there is not one single Spanish girl 18-25 years old whom I have been tempted to shag or even flirt with....(the ones who are not fat and ugly -> and there are many of them...)

Thais women = shallow, greedy, uncultured, Thai culture focused?

Spanish young women are far worse in general, no matter their age.

.....I was stunned when talking about the car (she does really need one for her job): She doesn't want a very expensive one -> thus a 500K bht one is ok but she doesn't want a pickup (which can cost as low as 350k bht)....

I don't know why you were stunned Drogon, as I can well understand a woman not wanting a pickup as (a) they are probably very ugly vehicles to a woman and (B) even though they have power steering they are big and probably awkward for a petite lady to drive and park.

Munchie: I have been driving pickups in Africa and they are not that bad.

But you are right, I was wrong to be stunned

I was stunned because she is money savy -> hence why pick a regular car costing 500-800k over a pickup at 350K....

I already said yes to the car...

hmm where to start on this one... :hmmm:

well people who are prepared to part with hard earned for a ripoff priced 'gadget' like the 'iphone' get very little of my respect - well if it was a blackberry or HP pda it would not be much better :rolleyes:

now apart from the 'gadget preferences' it really boils down to money management & prioritising & surely for 'communication needs' 2-3k is more than plenty to get by, while in the hiso/luxury segment 10k does not go far!

Depends, I really never paid attention to my mobile phone as long as it is working properly.

But right now I have my old mobile (4 years old and I suppose the battery will die one day)

I am also stuck with a blackberry...paid by the company and the only thing in its defence is the fact I always have to be reachable.

Besides of this, the only positive thing I can say in its favor is, as my job involves a lot of emails, this sometimes allows me to solve some problems via the blackberry instead of having to go back to the office.

Other than that I am stuck with several laptops but this is not my fault as it is my job.

Although my missus seems reasonable at first sight, (condo + car -> for her work it is useful + later a house + happy family and no divorce)

Droan on,

If you think that your partner is reasonable then you are away with the fairies mate, IMHO you have landed a nutter.

2.5 Mill Condo for 10-15K / Month Repayment 5555 if that was the repayments I will take 2.

Can afford repayments on loan for a new car jeez 600K over 5 years is 10K / Month on the principal without even looking at intrest, and lets be honest who the fuck finances a new car over 5 years.

Condo + Car Rapayments don't leave much out of her salary!

I dont know who suffers from the biggest dillusions, her from thinking she can afford to finance her dreams even though she has no basic concepts of finance or you for buying into this crap and believing that some woman you met online and have spent probably 3 weeks with in your life is your Missus.

OK, at the risk of offending Thaihome and others, here I go again. I *do* realise that the cell phone is a major status symbol for TGs, good or bad, but I really have to question Crazypants priorities.

She emailed me wanting to know if I thought 10K baht was a good price for a secondhand iPhone her friend wants to offload I replied that perhaps she might like to consider getting a *job* before spending that kind of money. This, word for word, was her reply:

Ok i agree with you that it is not good spend money for 10000 bath on phone so i think i won't buy it. I think i will buy when my guy has more money and he agrees with me.

More money ? ROFLMAO ! I am hoping that her 'guy' is significantly more generous than old Gobble. If you are currently sending money to a TG, and she tells you that she just bought an iPhone, I'm sure its all a coincidence. That, and the odd email that I get addressed to 'Dear Kevin' ....

How did you know I just paid for an Iphone??

How did you know my name was Kevin?

I got a feeling you don't know I always wear my favorite walking ATM shirt with pride. As you can see, it is in Thai.

walking_atm_in_thai_tshirt-p235099626179240360qs8c_210.jpg

Archived