TGs and priorities ..

gobbledonk

Why would I be offended at you expressing your puzzlement about a woman and her spending priorities? My only issue would be you thinking this is something unique to young Thai women.

As far as the â??visible means of supportâ? issue, in the 4 Asian countries I have lived in, there were always a small number of young, good looking women, that hung out with westerners that never seemed to have any visible means of support. The last think to worry about (or judge) is if these girls have any monetary sense. Though they probably donâ??t fit any paradigm you are familiar with, trust me, they have it under controlâ?¦

;)

TH

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though they probably donâ??t fit any paradigm you are familiar with, trust me, they have it under controlâ?¦

Thats what annoys/frightens me - while she might be able to keep the baht rolling in at 30, how likely is it that this will still be the case at 40 ? Several of her Soi 22 'friends' are perpetually hitting her up for money, usually so that they can get hammered, and no-one seems to think beyond the coming 3-4 weeks. I'm all for 'living in the moment', but there are going to be some *intense* rainy days in the not-too-distant future.

Besides, sponsor or no sponsor, is there anything wrong with holding down a job ? The two friends that I mentioned in a previous post still work in the restaurant where they met their golden geese - I'd be over the moon if she did the same. Living at the end of someone else's purse strings just isnt a viable longterm option unless you are talking Paris Hilton-style money.

GD: you are right.

Living for the moment was something I witnessed in Africa.

This is not something I saw that much in LOS.

BG/FL are usually not a good example in this respect but I must say that manyt G clubs girls and sometimes other BG have a more long term view on life.

Among the "GTG" the ones I know well, all have reasonable long term projects and they do everything they can to make them happen....

Saving is something very common among the GTG I met, monthly budget management etc...

Seeing how much consumer credit is a widespread thing back here -> I will end up thinking many educated GTG have better money planning skills than most westerners.

Thats what annoys/frightens me - while she might be able to keep the baht rolling in at 30, how likely is it that this will still be the case at 40 ?

Besides, sponsor or no sponsor, is there anything wrong with holding down a job ?

I seriously doubt she has any real career options. Working in a restaurant isn't exactly upward mobile. I don't think it matters whether she starts a job like that at 30 or 40. For now, her job, full-time job, should be to land a big farang fish while she still has her looks. If you truly care about this girl's future, you should be helping not hurting her in this endeavor. It looks to me that her price for giving up this option is much higher than you can or are willing to pay.

Think of it from the girl's perspective. She struck a faustian deal when she went down her path. She can't go back to Thai men and she can't get a good job. For her to take a 7k/month job to be with you is a huge risk. You might lose interest in a few years and then she's really screwed. It is extremely risky for her not to keep hunting for that great white buffalo. It's kinda selfish and naive to not support her in this, in my opinion.

Think of it from the girl's perspective. She struck a faustian deal when she went down her path. She can't go back to Thai men and she can't get a good job. For her to take a 7k/month job to be with you is a huge risk. You might lose interest in a few years and then she's really screwed. It is extremely risky for her not to keep hunting for that great white buffalo. It's kinda selfish and naive to not support her in this, in my opinion.

If you only knew how many times I have *begged* her to go and find just such a buffalo ....

I'm hoping that my monthly donations of zero baht will go a long way towards motivating her to fulfil her potential, and I sincerely wish Kevin all the very best.

Drogot,

You might consider some of the new Malaysian made Naza cars that are now being imported to Thailand one at about 360K and during the Bangkok motor show they are planning downpayments of less than 2000 baht (just less than the government stimulus payouts for the less well off!) Not sure what all this amounts to but a real car, not pick-up/tractor, for 360K would be worth investigating at least.

Thanks for the info but I would prefer the missus driving a toyota/honda rather than a Malaysian car...

Missus refuses that I help her to repay the loan for either a car or a condo but....I still can offer gifts -> so I might end up offering her a decent car.

Will check these cars but doubt I will ever buy one.

If you only knew how many times I have *begged* her to go and find just such a buffalo ....

I'm hoping that my monthly donations of zero baht will go a long way towards motivating her to fulfil her potential, and I sincerely wish Kevin all the very best.

Then why are you trying to ruin it for her by mentioning the name of a potential sponsor? And how is she going to land a buffalo if she is working all day and can't go out at night to meet guys?

Drogon, I agree with Mekong's post, just not the delivery. There is a disconnect between a girl who's playing the "I don't want you to pay for anything game" and then consuming beyond what she would if you weren't in the picture. You seem impressed by the fact that she won't let you pay for her stuff as you mention it on the boards all the time. Give her a little credit for being able to pick up on that. I'm not suggesting she's playing a "long con" as I'm not that cynical. However, I do think this relationship is gonna cost...a lot. Friendly advice from a guy that's been there.

Archived