Dinner Cruise - Loy Nava

AloyMak

I took this cruise with my hand-picked crew last October: http://www.bangkokcruise.th1.org/chao-phraya-princess-cruise.html

I didn't really pile the plate high since I didn't know what was what (if u know what I mean). However, I did find a particular dish of hoy that satisfied my hunger. :content: Here are some pics of part of my crew:

party008.jpg

party009.jpg

Several ships of this type depart from the River City dock at about the same time. (Adjacent to the Sheraton Hotel). All looked pretty full.

I guess u could do the trip cheaper by renting a long-tail, grabbing some plastic bags of "mystery meat" from a street vendor, and pluggin in your mp3 earphones. 555555

HH

Figure what you would pay for a hotel buffet - not much different than dinner for two on the Loy Nava cruise. You're paying for the atmosphere, not the food. I've avoided the big dinner cruise boats. They look more like a floating army mess hall than anything.

Wonder if the Oriental Hotel ever got another cruise going. The Oriental Queen sank - somewhat suspiciously. The boat was old and needed repairs, and the hotel took their time about refloating it. The Oriental Queen went to Ayutthaya, but it was only a one way trip. You either went by boat and came back by bus, or did it the other way around.

Archived