smoking and booze

jack_schist

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Years ago, when I quit cold after twenty years of 2 packs a day, I made up my mind that I could never allow myself to have "Just one." I figured if I could justify the first one, the next one would be even easier to justify, then on and on. It wasn't easy but it worked for me.

The weird thing was the dreams I had for many years after; I would dream I was at a party or a bar and would suddenly realize I had a cigarette in my fingers and was about to smoke it. The awful feeling I would get from that dream served to reinforce my resolve not to be caught in that situation.

Funny you should mention the dreams, I have been having dreams that I have had a smoke and get stressed that I have to start from scratch again.

I am just about to finish a 3 months continual work stint before i go on break for a month. I will now have a whole new bunch or senarios and temptations to deal with. it will be interesting but I feel like I am on a role now.

Years ago, when I quit cold after twenty years of 2 packs a day, I made up my mind that I could never allow myself to have "Just one." I figured if I could justify the first one, the next one would be even easier to justify, then on and on. It wasn't easy but it worked for me.

The weird thing was the dreams I had for many years after; I would dream I was at a party or a bar and would suddenly realize I had a cigarette in my fingers and was about to smoke it. The awful feeling I would get from that dream served to reinforce my resolve not to be caught in that situation.

I had a similar dream about giving up masturbating...........I've been in England far too long.

cheers

Archived