Israel troops admit Gaza abuses

robaus

Previous posters on this forum have claimed that Israel can do no wrong. Looks like Israelis are just as guilty of war crimes as Hamas rocket firers

Bear in mind that these atrocities took place with the help of the US's blank cheque and blind eye. If the US pays the piper it should call the tune,

I hope Obama can do a better job than Bushit to bring a just and lasting peace to the region.

.... from the mouths of some brave whistle blowers.From the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7952603.stm

Israel frequently claims to possess the most moral army in the world

An Israeli military college has printed damning soldiers' accounts of the killing of civilians and vandalism during recent operations in Gaza.

One account tells of a sniper killing a mother and children at close range whom troops had told to leave their home.

Another speaker at the seminar described what he saw as the "cold blooded murder" of a Palestinian woman. ..... read on

And more here

Israel's dirty secrets in Gaza

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israels-dirty-secrets-in-gaza-1649527.html

Dupes? No, we were telling the truth

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/johann-hari-dupes-no-we-were-telling-the-truth-1649528.html

Israel must root out the canker of military brutality

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/leading-articles/leading-article-israel-must-root-out-the-canker-of-military-brutality-1649489.html

:beer:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

maybe muslim 'freedom' fighter jangaweed butchers in dafur will do some soul searching. afterall they reprsent the religion of peace.

"Another soldier, describing how a mother and her children were shot dead by a sniper after they turned the wrong way out of a house, says the "atmosphere" among troops was that the lives of Palestinians were "very, very less important than the lives of our soldiers"."

Isn't that how war is supposed to work? I find the soldiers to be the logical ones. It makes no sense to me that enemies with uniforms are ok to kill while others are off-limits.

LP,

The jangaweed are indeed butchers on a par with some IDF psychopaths, and I agree that unlike Sudan ..in Israel there is the press freedom to expose these atrocities.

i have met and travelled with many Israelis... some totally obnoxious, some absolutely wonderful decent people. I look forward to the day when the latter group prevail and Israel can at last join the 21st Century and the civilized world.

I hope Obama can bring this conflict to an end... it's been going for almost 100 years now. Peace in The Middle East is the shot in the arm that the world economy needs.

:beer:

>>It makes no sense to me that enemies with uniforms are ok to kill while others are off-limits.

... that argument is a slippery slope. Isn't that the same mentality as terrorist suicide bombers... it's OK to kill civilians, because somehow or other those particular civilians aren't human; they are the enemy.

Can you imagine the fear going through this woman's mind as she ran from that house:

"In one account, an infantry squad leader describes how troops released a family who had been held in a room of their house for several days. He said: "The platoon commander let the family go and told them to go to the right. One mother and her two children didn't understand and went to the left, but they forgot to tell the sharpshooter on the roof they had let them go and it was okay... The sharpshooter saw a woman and children approaching him. He shot them straight away. I don't think he felt too bad about it, because, as far as he was concerned, he did his job according to the orders he was given. And the atmosphere in general, from what I understood from most of my men who I talked to, the lives of Palestinians, let's say, is something very, very less important than the lives of our soldiers."

BTW, these were the accounts of a few brave whistle blowers. How many more atrocities were committed by other Israelis?

Previous posters on this forum have claimed that Israel can do no wrong. Looks like Israelis are just as guilty of war crimes as Hamas rocket firers

Of course they did.

As much as I hate to say it, it is called "war" for a reason. This stuff always happens and there is no escaping it on any side. Ever. To say you can is pointless and stupid and has no respect for history .

Why is this surprising anyone here?

Previous posters on this forum have claimed that Israel can do no wrong.

Can you provide a link to a thread where a poster here has said this? Or even implied it?

Or are you just indulging in a bit of hyperbole on what people actually say about Israel?

:(

TH

Archived