Israel troops admit Gaza abuses

robaus

Please, BB, not that old chestnut: any criticism of Israel must therefore be anti-Semitic.

Is Israel a racist Jewish only state?

â?¦. No, no itâ??s a modern secular democracy.

So can Palestinian refugees return to their homes there?

â?¦. No, it would upset the demographics. Itâ??s a Jewish state.

Israel canâ??t have it both ways!

As has been pointed out to you before many times, BB. I am anti Zionist not anti Jewish. Just as I am anti nutter Islamic regimes, not anti Muslim.

And as for poor old Lazyphil, he's got an overt agenda - he climbs on the bandwagon of anyone or any country that he thinks may be Islamophobic. In previous posts he expressed amazement that I could possibly live on a street with Muslim neighbours.

>> Why donâ??t you stick to whoring in Pattaya ?

â?¦ well, I do try to keep my end up.:hubba:

But youâ??ll be pleased to hear I too am off on my travels next Monday to avoid the Songkran mayhem in Funtown, so I wonâ??t be rattling your cage for at least a month BB.. :wave: â?¦ unless I can find a netcafe that is. :stirthepo

:beer:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can some one show me the military invading a city that has not committed offenses? How about the defenders of a city that have not committed offenses?

The only answers is the one where one group was whiped out before they had the chance.

Its called "war" for a reason people. A lot of you have fought one. Some of you act as if there has never been one.

Guest lazyphil

i was not amazed you live on a street with neighbours. i had a muslim neighbour (from mauritious) who's phone went down and used my landline several times while getting fixed. not a problem with them. i do have a problem with fanatics who live here who bitch and whine and seem to forget muslim terror waged on my christian brothers around the world but i dont wish beheadment on muslims unlike these charlatons claiming this and that.

>>Can some one show me the military invading a city that has not committed offenses? How about the defenders of a city that have not committed offenses?

.... Just because atrocities happen doesn't make them right! You are trying to whitewash the difference between warfare and cold blooded war crimes. Soldiers know the difference between the two. There's a difference between shooting at an enemy who is shooting back at you, and killing him in cold blood when he has surrendered, let alone murdering a non combatant woman and child.

Would you therefore classify as unavoidable civilian casualties:

The My Lai massacre

The Holocaust murders in WW2 of 11 million Jews,Gypsies, gays and conscientious objectors

The deliberate Israeli use of phosphorous bombs in built up areas.... must have been approved at a very high level since they continued doing it even when the UN and Amnesty pointed out the consequences.

You are trying to whitewash the difference between warfare and cold blooded war crimes. Soldiers know the difference between the two.

Your an idiot if you think anything I said is an effort to "white wash" (Are you a raciest now?) anything. I am pointing out that this crap happens and is never right. In fact it happens all the time on just about every side. It is never pretty and never right. And that is why it is called "war."

I am also pointing out that I am amazed anyone is surprised at it as, again, it is ubiquitous with war.

And you can not deny that.

You are trying to whitewash the difference between warfare and cold blooded war crimes. Soldiers know the difference between the two.

Your an idiot if you think anything I said is an effort to "white wash" (Are you a raciest now?) anything. I am pointing out that this crap happens and is never right. In fact it happens all the time on just about every side. It is never pretty and never right. And that is why it is called "war."

I am also pointing out that I am amazed anyone is surprised at it as' date=' again, it is ubiquitous with war.

And you can not deny that.[/quote']

Robaus obviously has a an agenda or axe to grind here. The Palenstinians openly attempt to kill innocent Israeli citizens...but no condemnation from Robaus

Corinthian was correct "War is hell" it is the tool of last resort in solving issues. The goal of war is to destroy the enemies will to fight and BTW come home in one piece!

When i was on patrol the lives of my men held priority over the lives of the enemy...combatant or not. This does not meaning killing civilians indiscriminately! But when your being shot at...he who hesitates, dies. There is nothing clean nor moral about war :(

Murtha Award Sparks Vet Outrage

<< The primary reason for their ire stems from the congressman's statements in May, 2006, that a squad of Marines who responded to an IED ambush and short firefight in Haditha, Iraq, rampaged through the village, murdering civilians "in cold blood."

Murtha made those comments in the heat of the 2006 congressional mid-term election campaign, in a move some political analysts saw as an attempt to stoke the anti-war vote for a Democratic takeover of the House. The former Marine and decorated Vietnam veteran continued his accusations in follow-up media appearances before an official Pentagon and Naval Criminal Investigative Service investigation had been completed.

When the dust settled more than two years later, six of the eight Marines and Sailors accused of crimes in the Haditha incident had their cases dismissed, one was found not guilty and the last has been continued indefinitely.

Murtha has refused to recant his accusations or apologize to the Marines he accused of war crimes. >>

Link

>>(Are you a raciest now?) [sic}

... was that meant to be a pun on the word whitewash... very poor taste. Racism is my pet hate. I hope one day it is confined to the trashcan of history.

>>I am pointing out that this crap happens and is never right. In fact it happens all the time on just about every side. It is never pretty and never right. And that is why it is called "war."

... And that is why these incidents mentioned in the OP are called "war CRIMES". Do YOU know the difference between war and war crimes? Would you sweep under the carpet the My Lai massacre and the Holocaust murder of 6 million Jews with the throwaway phrase "Crap happens".

chuck6660,

>>Robaus obviously has an agenda or axe to grind here.

... yes, I certainly do have an agenda. I want peace in the Middle East. I want the US to stop giving Israel a blank cheque when it perpetrates war crimes.. admitted by its own soldiers. We're in the the 21st century and Israel is still occupying the West Bank 40 years on. It's time they made peace. The whole Arab world agreed to recognize Israel in 2002 (for just a few minor adjustments to Clinton's Camp David agreement)... exchange of ambassadors, fixed borders, commerce and tourism. Israel is greedily trying to hold onto land with so far US blessing. Bush approved the squattlements. I hope Obama is different and can get all parties to see sense.

>>The Palenstinians openly attempt to kill innocent Israeli citizens...but no condemnation from Robaus

... WRONG! ...read my OP."Looks like Israelis are just as guilty of war crimes as Hamas rocket firers" All people who cold bloodedly kill innocent civilians are terroristsâ?¦ and those who approve of them such as yourself (see below)

>>There is nothing clean nor moral about war

... what do you know about morality? You were one of the previous posters I mentioned above in the OP.. the Israeli apologist Fox News dittoheads.

This is how much you value innocent civilian livesâ?¦from the previous thread referenced above:

"Faustian wrote: And does this legitimize Israel bombing hospitals, schools and other public buildings....?

chuck6660 replies: - YES, this legitimizes Israel to eradicate all terrorist, those that support the terrorist and future terrorist. Remember "nits make lice".

Q.E.D

Sadly Robus, the Obama admin looks to be cowed by the AIPAC lobby too, and nothing is going to change.

I'm referring to the Charles Freeman debacle and how disgusted it made me. And once again, we need to look to the ol' nutball Pat Buchannan to call a spade "a spade" as it were.

Patrick Buchanan calls obnoxious the case of so-called "Americans" who put the interests of Israel ahead of the interests of their supposed home country (and, specifically, the interests of one political party in Israel -- the Likud Party -- ahead of the interests of their supposed homeland), and, predictably, is immediately blasted as anti-semitic.

I have no doubt that Patrick Buchanan has some old-school Irish-American Catholic opinions of Jews. But this particular instance, he does not mention Jews, the Jewish faith, or anything to do with religion. He merely points out that certain "Americans" seem to have a greater allegiance to the State of Israel and, specifically, to a certain political party within the State of Israel (that is, the Likud party) than they do to the United States of America. This is not anti-Semitism. It is a simple statement of fact -- there have been numerous examples of US citizens who have been sent to jail for spying on behalf of Israel here in the USA, indeed, the entire Israeli nuclear weapons program (the one that "doesn't exist") is based upon data stolen from US weapons labs, and numerous examples of Likudniks who control the US Israeli lobby pushing the US government into taking actions against US interests in the Middle East. To take the jump from that to say that Patrick Buchanan is making a blanket indictment of Jews and/or of the Jewish faith is a pure smear typical of the Israel lobby, which is quick to libel and defame any criticism of Likud and its obnoxious and possibly genocidal policies towards Arabs as if any criticism means you want to exterminate the Jewish race.

Now, ol' Pat may be many other things, but he is a gentleman, so he ain't gonna say what needs saying about that pile of reeking bullshit, so I will. It's fucking bullshit, is what it is, and a goddamned lie, and I'm going to goddamned well call it a fucking lie and call you a liar if you goddamned well try to pull that fucking shit on me. Criticizing the policies of a political party and its supporters does *not* mean that you want to exterminate all members of that political parties, has not a goddamned thing to do with religion or race, and facts are facts regardless of whether you like them or not. So fuck that shit, and fuck the lying liars who spew that kind of shit.

I'm *highly* disappointed that the Obamaites caved into this bullshit and failed to defend Freeman. And I am SOOOOOOOO sick of Israel's stranglehold on my country!!!!!

Regards,

SD

Archived