Slumdog Millionnaire

candyfloss

That was one of the main critisisms of the film that the chances of it ever happening were zilch.

They should have filmed it in smellorama.....maybe then it would have been believable :cover:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you liked Slumdog Millionaire...you'll LOVE next years academy award winner...SLUMDOG BILLIONAIRE.

Our two young lovers use their fortune to come to America...only to find themselves back in the slums when they realize their million of Indian money is only worth about 400 bucks in the states. Fortunately, our young hero chooses the right suitcase on Deal or no Deal and wins another million. But, sadly, Howie Mandel has him arrested for trying to shake his hand and he gets sent to prison for one year while his girlfriend has to go back to dancing. Things look pretty low...but it all works out in the end when he reunites with his love and they win the mirror ball trophy on Dancing With The Stars. Their final dance is a reprise of the fantastic conclusion from the first film as they dance to Jai Ho...surrounded by third tier celebrities.

Stayed tuned for 2011, when in the third film, they go up against Donald Trump in Indian Apprentice.

When the boy jumped into the shit pit, I walked out...few days later I came back and saw the entire movie. They should've left that shit pit part out; a great movie otherwise.

You walked out of the cinema because the boy jumped in the shit pit?! Very strange behaviour by you. :shakehead:rolleyes:

Went to see this the other night.

I loved it.

Amazing really, considering I hate the Chris Tarrant TV show, I have no desire whatsoever to spend any time in India, I dislike Indian accents, and don't like Bollywood musicals.

However, the acting is superb, the soundtrack is superb, many events make you shudder in horror or disgust, and true love prevails. 9/10.

I loved the movie too and I was with you and the Chris Tarrant comment! But I find the Indian accent comment rather distasteful and reflects badly on you and consequently your qualifications to critique anything?

Went to see this the other night.

I loved it.

Amazing really' date=' considering I hate the Chris Tarrant TV show, I have no desire whatsoever to spend any time in India, I dislike Indian accents, and don't like Bollywood musicals.

However, the acting is superb, the soundtrack is superb, many events make you shudder in horror or disgust, and true love prevails. 9/10.

[/quote']

I loved the movie too and I was with you and the Chris Tarrant comment! But I find the Indian accent comment rather distasteful and reflects badly on you and consequently your qualifications to critique anything?

Sorry - I don't dislike Indian accents as such, I just don't like their version of the English language. A photograph becomes a whotograph.

Archived