Slumdog Millionnaire

candyfloss

I don't particularly like the accents either but, as with you Flossie, it's probably more to do with how English sounds when they speak it rather than how they sound when they speak their own language.

However, what about the head movement? Why can't they keep their heads still when they speak rather than wobbling them from side to side like they've got jelly for necks? :dunno:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However, what about the head movement? Why can't they keep their heads still when they speak rather than wobbling them from side to side like they've got jelly for necks? :dunno:

Discussed this phenomena of Jinglies many times over the years and the conclusion I have reached amongst friends is that it is due to the make up of their brain. Experienced Jingly watchers will recognise that the bobbing head movements get less intense the closer that they get to the correct conclusion of the conversation.

A Jinglie's brain is like one of these hand held games we had as kids trying to get ball bearings through a maze and dropping one into eacj of the holes, to begin with all the bearings are out so the head is bobbed viciously until one or two fall into place then the bobbing gets less intense trying to get the final ball bearings into place without disturbing the ones already in location.

However' date=' what about the head movement? Why can't they keep their heads still when they speak rather than wobbling them from side to side like they've got jelly for necks? :dunno: [/quote']

Discussed this phenomena of Jinglies many times over the years and the conclusion I have reached amongst friends is that it is due to the make up of their brain. Experienced Jingly watchers will recognise that the bobbing head movements get less intense the closer that they get to the correct conclusion of the conversation.

A Jinglie's brain is like one of these hand held games we had as kids trying to get ball bearings through a maze and dropping one into eacj of the holes, to begin with all the bearings are out so the head is bobbed viciously until one or two fall into place then the bobbing gets less intense trying to get the final ball bearings into place without disturbing the ones already in location.

Very intuitive. That makes absolute sense. I think you could well have hit the nail on the head. :thumbup: Obviously that's just an expression and I am not referring to the Indians head, because with all that movement you'd be very lucky to hit the nail. :confused:

The best movie about India will be made by somebody who has never put his foot on Indian soil.

And the best story about Bangkok will be written by somebody who has no idea what Soi Cowboy or Nana Plaza is about.

How I miss the era of imagination being the driving force in movie making and the arts...

Oh, I forgot to enthusiastically recommend Marion Cotillard's fabulous portrayal of Edith Piaf in "La Vie En Rose". For once I agree with the critics, superb acting.

Also Javier Bardem is highly enjoyable in Woody Allen's

"Vicky Cristina Barcelona" where he outperforms the three leading actresses (but Penelope Cruz is hot, of course).

Btw, it's of course not a movie "about" Barcelona. The city is there for the atmosphere and as a contributing element in the emotional development of of the two American girls Vicky and Cristina. As it should be, like no movie or novel should be "about" Bangkok.

This was off thread, gomen nasai.

Archived