That stupid sport that only Yanks play ...

Flashermac

Seeing the title I thought it was "wanking"

(more extremists would say "ruining the world")

:neener:

I always have been puzzled to see the enthusiasm this sport has in the US among all kind of people...

Guess it must be the same kind of mass adoration as football here....although I am incult in both.

(got almost lynched the other day when I obviously didn't know the top football teams in Spain)

Baseball is all right when you're a kid, since all you need is a ball and bat. You can have any number of a side. Other than that, it bores the hell out of me. I find cricket more interesting, slow as it is. But the Japanese are baseball fanatics! So are the Mexicans, Cubans and some South Americans.

:dunno:

In addition, there is at least one Japanese umpire working at the AA level and trying to work his way to the top; and I know of two Aussie umpires in class A+ and AA doing the same. And shit, don't forget the Dutch. They surprised some folks in the WBC. :shocked:

HH

• 4 months later...
Clearly, countries other than the U.S. have world class baseball players. My guess is that most, if not all, of the players on the teams from other countries could play pro ball in the U.S. at some level...and many on a major league club.

HH

And the Yanks have difficulty competing in those World Baseball Championships...perhaps it's not such a American sport after all.

Archived