Do you judge people by their earnings ?

Can someone remind me which board member 'koow' was before his last banning ? I really have trouble keeping track of some of the trolls, although the 'Old Hippo' bit did arouse a chuckle (only a very small one, OH, I promise !).

FWIW, I believe OH to be about as 'gay' as I am. :clown:

You are gay too? :easter:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can someone remind me which board member 'koow' was before his last banning ? I really have trouble keeping track of some of the trolls' date=' although the 'Old Hippo' bit did arouse a chuckle (only a very small one, OH, I promise !).

FWIW, I believe OH to be about as 'gay' as I am. :clown: [/quote']

You are gay too? :easter:

Apparently Koow was the guy working the "glory hole" in that Castro Street mens room...or so I heard. First "HAND" info is always the best...

As to his true identity...? Hmmm could be the "asshole from Adelaide" or maybe another guy with issues...he'll be gone soon.

But I must again caution all against amateurs making gay rulings. It takes time and experience to judge gayness at even the most subtle levels, and it is no place for amateurs.

As for the original topic, I'd be curious to know how many of the "Zillionaires" on this board really have any net worth at all? I know there are a few successful guys here, but I suspect a lot more are just plain full of shit.

It really isn't the amount you have, but how you got it, and what you do with it I suppose.

Years ago where

I worked we had a yard man.

Well he ran the yard loading trucks and the office

To look at him you would think he was dirt poor.

Drove a fairly new Chevy Blazer. dressed in old work clothes.

Nice simple man.

Well I found out that he owned all the lowboy trailers the company had, well over 200 trailers.

A few drivers found out the hard way when they were rude and rasict to him.

He was a black man..

They got fired.

He was also one of the richest black men in the state of Utah at the time.

We kinda became friends well at least at work.

He tried talking me into learning golf.

We went to a liquor store one day and he was looking at the big bottles of Crown Royal.The store owner told him he could'nt afford such a fine liquor and told him he should just settle on a bottle of MD 20/20.

Rock gut stuff.

Well James told him I want the Crown Royal and whipped out his Amex. Gold card.

This was in 1990. Store owner about fell over, Then asked for his Id. Thought he stole the card.

Similar story, PB, but I don't have as many details.

I worked with this older Chinese guy in Honolulu. He was very quiet, never got ruffled about anything in a somewhat stressful line of work. He drove an old Volkswagon bug (beetle) whatever the hell they're called. Mid 70's and this was in the mid 90's.

Ended up that he owned several apartment BUILDINGS in Tokyo. Not apartments....but the whole building....and several of those. Got 'em from mom and dad when they passed but point being is he never flaunted it or acted like the multi-millionaire that he was.

Archived