Advice for going solo on Sukhumvit?

Frank_Black

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ironically enough, I started this post and have been out for quite a few nights and never had any problems along Sukhumvit.

However, I was really surprised last night, around midnight, walking back to my hotel on Saladang. There was another farang on the opposite side of the road and two boys appeared to be after his wallet. He was a pretty big guy and fought them off quickly and shouted something at them. The kids were carrying plastic bags full of white boxes or something. Saw a few of them on Silom too, so keep any eye on 'em. Looks like they're up to no good.

Is this a joke? Holy crap. If your so scared stay home.

I do the Suk solo with no worries.

I walk many blocks late at night, drunk, back from walking street. Never a problem

I walked 10 blocks at 5am, drunk, down avinidos atlantico in Rio. Yeah, probably not smart, but i wanted to sober up and a cab ride would have made me sick

I walked back to my hotel, drunk and with a pocket full of money after gambling in San Jose.

No fear. I am a larger built guy. I do know how to handle myself. I say if your scared, buy a dog!!!

Is this a joke? Holy crap. If your so scared stay home.

I do the Suk solo with no worries.

I walk many blocks late at night, drunk, back from walking street. Never a problem

I walked 10 blocks at 5am, drunk, down avinidos atlantico in Rio. Yeah, probably not smart, but i wanted to sober up and a cab ride would have made me sick

I walked back to my hotel, drunk and with a pocket full of money after gambling in San Jose.

No fear. I am a larger built guy. I do know how to handle myself. I say if your scared, buy a dog!!!

Smart guy. :content:

Yeah, I'm sure you're a real hero. I guess you're only worry is tripping over your own ego. Good luck with that.

I'm a big guy too and well able to handle myself. Where I usually start is listening to what others have to say and sharing my own experiences. Nothing wrong with being prepared. Separates the men from the morons.

I LOVE the walk from SC to Nana at night after SC shuts down. I have never even seen or sensed trouble.

That said I am pretty physically imposing esp to Thais. and I walk pretty fast.

One thing I always do is have my cash, ect in a secure pocket. Either a zipper or a button will dissuade a pickpocket.

Archived