ATM fees

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Drogon is correct. I essentially want to know if I use my USA bank atm (debit card) in BKK will I be charged 150 Baht or is it limited to only one or two banks? My friend emailed me a pdf notice from Thanachart bank that reads...

"According to The Thai Bankers Association resolutions dated March 6th, 2009, cardholders of of debit or credit card registered in foreign country will be charged Baht 150 per transaction when making withdrawals via atm's of Thai Bankers' Association members, effective from April 17th, 2009 onwards."

So I guess the questions should be, what bank are members of the Thai Bankers Association?

I hope this clears matters up.

Damn...so it means that (if your friend has read the bank contract) ->

. Your US bank takes a fee/commission on every transaction abroad (might be percentage or a fixed one)

. in addition to that, some Thai banks take their own fees/commissions

????

Looking here http://www.tba.or.th/aboutassociation.htm

I would say that it includes all major Thai banks...Kasikorn, SCB, bKK bank etc...

-> do you know where I could find this pdf notice as it might also includes other "changes" in the commission fees Thai banks get for other kind of transactions...

Samak: I thought (wrongly it seems) that UBS only accepted "wealthy" customers -> as wealth management is their trade...

Does it mean they offer all the services of a normal bank to middle level executives/professionals???

If I use my US Citibank card at an UOB ATM, no fee.

If I use the same cars at Kasikorn or Bangkok Bank, 1% fee that the US bank (Citibank) charges me.

Seems that UOB and Citibank have an agreement where nothing is charged.

This was as of last month (March, 2009).

Westpac (Aus bank) withdrawal in Bangkok last week 200 baht fee - no idea if this is local fee or Westpac fee.

IME, if the fee is shown on the ATM reciept, then it's a local fee; if it is just shown on your bank statement, then it's a "your bank" fee.

Cheers,

SD

150 bht added to each transaction....this in addition to the commission/fee your own bank gets.

-> info the missus got at the bank owned by her company this morning....

Thailand is really doing everything it can to attract tourists.... :banghead:

(so if I use my foreign card in BKK to get 20k bht -> I will have to pay 500k bht of total commission

Bangkok Bank

Krung Thai Bank

Bank Of Ayudhya

Kasikorn Bank

Thai Military Bank

Siam Commercial Bank

Standard Chartered Bank

Siam City Bank

BankThai

UOB Bank

Thanachart Bank

Tisco Bank