What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

• Please log in to reply
2298 replies to this topic

#1 The_Munchmaster

The_Munchmaster

Fat Cunt

• Board Sponsors
  • 12231 posts
  • LocationBonnie Scotland at the moment

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:39

Last night I watched Local Hero (1983), a film about an American Oil Company (Knox Oil and Gas) who want to buy a Scottish fishing village and turn it into a refinery. A warm, acclaimed comedy, starring Burt Lancaster and Peter Riegert, from writer-director Bill Forsyth.
:thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

I've forgotten how many times I've watched, it's that good. I recently got a digitally remastered version of it so had to watch it again.

"Oil billionaire Happer sends Mac to a remote Scotish villiage to secure the property rights for an oil refinery they want to build. Mac teams up with Danny and starts the negotiations, the locals are keen to get their hands on the 'Silver Dollar' and can't believe their luck. However a local hermit and beach scavenger, Ben Knox, lives in a shack on the crucial beach which he also owns. Happer is more interested in the Northern Lights and Danny in a surreal girl with webbed feet, Marina. Mac is used to a Houston office with fax machines but is forced to negotiate on Bens terms." Written by Matthew Stanfield.
"Guess that I was born to be a rover.
Guess I've always been a rolling stone.
But someday when my rolling days are over.
I will find a place to call my own.
'Cause even the lone stars they get lonesome.
Lonesome as the lost ship on the sea.
Even the lone stars they get lonesome.
Lonesome for a lone star man like me."

#2 Alohameansgoodbye

Alohameansgoodbye

Senior Wanker

• Board Sponsors
  • 5036 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:55

Last night I personally watched the first 2 Bourne movies.  Don't have the 3rd one yet.  

Edit.....wanted to be clear on who watched it.   :hubba:

#3 Mekong

Mekong

City Slicker

• Board Sponsors
  • 10668 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:57

Good Move Munchie I enjoyed it when it first came out and it's probably more pertinent today! I shall download it later when I get home thanks for the reminder.

Last night we watched "My Cousin Vinny"  After watching Goodfellas a few days earlier I wanted the wife to see Joe Pesci in a comedy role. I was suprised when I read that the American Law Society voted it the 3rd best legal movie of all time,

Now that Hi-Speed Internet in BKK is actualy getting close to high speed I am downloading quite a lot recently working my way down the IMDH Top 100 movies list,

Away from movies I did enjoy the Australian series "Underbelly" Series 2 a tale of two cities is being shown n Aus currently and episodes are available as torrents within a day of episodes being aired!
風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain

#4 Flashermac

Flashermac

Curmudgeon

• Board Sponsors
  • 54657 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 13:06

I just watched some clip on the internet of a Japanese girl getting groped on a train.

:beer:

A happy childhood... is the worst possible preparation for life. - Kinky Friedman

#5 drogon

drogon

Carpal Tunnel

• Board Sponsors
  • 5845 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 10 April 2009 - 14:11

"going by the book" (Korean movie)

"old boy" (Korean movie)

Both really great movies and truely original ways of treating classic themes.
("bank robber" kind and "thriller/revenge" kind)

I rate them higher than movies such as "seven"...

#6 shygye

shygye

Carpal \'Tunnel

• Members
  • 11788 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 14:12

Duel (1971)
Marriage by misadventure.

#7 samak

samak

�ู�ว�ากะหรี

• Members
  • 10000 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 16:35

i usually watch movies on long haul flights (over 2.5 hours) which i do 3-4 time a month; they have usually the newest blockbosters. recently i have seen the new James Bond, body of lies and the rest i forgot already
CARPE NOCTEM!

#8 Ckrisg

Ckrisg

addict

• Members
  • 1175 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 17:20

Watched the Dammed United the tribute to Brian Clough, the best football Manager England never had, quite good!!
Forgive and forget, bollocks in 2013 I'm going to fu....over the those who have tried to fuck me over........

#9 Guest_lazyphil_*

Guest_lazyphil_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2009 - 17:30

Monsters v Aliens (in 3D) with my daughter early on this week, both loved it, very entertaining!

cant wait for ice age 3 in 3D later this year!

#10 devils reject

devils reject

addict

• Members
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 20:48

Last night I watched "Doubt", Starring Meryl Streep, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Amy Adams.
It's a movie about a catholic priest being accused of kiddie fiddling in a school in the Bronx.
I quite enjoyed watching it!
Streep and Hoffman are outstanding. :thumbup:
"Huh, you're Jewish?...Love your nails."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users