What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Hi,

Watched 'Watchmen' last night, was not impressed :(

After all the hype I had a expected something quite spectacular. What I watched was far from that.

Oh, and why do movies always have to fuck about with the volume? I mean, I often have to turn the volume up to be able to understand what characters are saying, and then all of a sudden there will be some huge amount of noise which has me diving for the remote again to seriously drop the volume. Annoys the crap out of me.

Sanuk!

I saw Bruno this week. While it had its moments, I wouldn't recommend it - fewer laughs than The Hangover, and many of the best ones I'd already seen in ads or trailers.

Not a great movie for the homophobic, but I knew that going in, and the only movie where the usher (or whatever they call kids working at the movie theatre) apologized to me as I was leaving. When I said, "it wasn't so bad", he must have assumed I was queer since I was with a guy. I think a lot of men experience cognitive dissonance after leaving that flick, trying to rationalize laughing at a movie that showed so much dick, and very little pussy.

The Hangover was good, and I think it's fantastic how well it did, essentially from word of mouth, but I think it's overrated due to a lack of better competition.

I just read the details of The Constant Gardener on IMDB, looks interesting and worth a gander. I had to check out you hadn't made a mistake and meant The Uphill Gardener :yikes:

I watched it (after The Open finished) and it is an excellent film. Highly recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: The vistas of Africa on their own make it worth watching.

Got Crank on the hard drive at the moment but saving it until a working trip away with my current interest, next week, she enjoys action movies in general and JS in particular. Sounds like it might be fun to watch in bed between rounds!