What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Just saw Winter's Bone.

17 y/o Ozarks girl from an extended community of poverty and meth dealers searches for her father, who put up their home for bail then skipped -- meaning her and the two young siblings she cares for will be turned out.

There are few 'good guys' other than the girl, but there are heroics in surprising places. Meanwhile she has to cut through a thick wall of characters who live by a very different code than mainstream society -- to discover the truth.

Best movie I've seen this year in a theater. Will watch again.

HQ8kqytI_oA

This must be good movie week. Gran Torino.

Potent film. Anti Political Correctness but the main them is of people reaching across a divide of difference. And real friendship. Anyway, the political correctness thing is ancillary to the story, which is of sacrifice and -- the struggle for a better life -- and things we have in common in spite of all that makes us different.

Who would've thought Dirty Harry would mature into this kind of director (and I like Dirty Harry).

Surprised to find some involuntary tears flow.

Damn good movie.

And then some.

Edited by Guest

Death at a Funeral

Quite funny!

Chris Rock, Martin Lawrence, Danny Glover and a bunch other comedy actors/actresses...even a dwarf!

Just got this downloaded along with the 2007 version and watched 'em back to back. Not recommended as script is identical. (Why they remade it in 2010 is beyond me). Strangly enough Peter Dinklage is in both, and he's probably the best part of each.

2007 :up: :up:1/2

2010 :down:

Awhile back, I stumbled across "Sin City" It has Bruce Willis and Jessica Alba (absolutely smokin' hot) along with a couple other bigger names.

I didn't get to see all of it but what I did see of it was pretty good. Also, I believe Quentin Tarentino (sp?) was a guest director.