What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

• 2 weeks later...

the boy in the striped pyjamas... not bad

last week about 4 thomas the tank movies and shrek's christmas... the boy was in town - going country to see him again tomorrow, tipping it'll be the fairies (was worried about that one until I saw the lo cut tops they wear.... good boy!)

Thought I'd posted about this one before but apparently not.

Hell Ride

Saw it a friends place in Bangkok in October and then watched it again the other night.

Not to everyone's taste but I'll be watching it again before too long. :up::up:

"Actor Larry Bishop, who made his name in the '60s as the star of biker pictures like The Savage Seven revives the genre with Hell Ride, a rough and raunchy action-drama produced by indie director and cult film aficionado Quentin Tarantino. Bishop, who wrote, produced and directed the film, is also top-billed as Pistolero, chief of the outlaw Victors, who cruise the sun-baked Southwest to avenge a fallen mama. Their target is Billy Wings (Vinnie Jones), head man for the Six-Six-Sixes, and Michael Madsen, David Carradine and Dennis Hopper (himself no stranger to biker flicks) are along to make sure that the job is completed. As pure exploitation, Hell Ride delivers the goods: the cast overacts with relish, and the on-screen excitement is divided equally between chopper action, fistfights and shootouts and plentiful female nudity, all set to a soundtrack of new and vintage fuzztone rock. However, those expecting the complexity and sheer cheek of Tarantino's own features may find the picture a little too retro-minded for their own tastes, and Bishop's pulpy dialogue is more overcooked than Tarantino at his most self-indulgent. Still, those craving old-school cycle movie satisfaction are likely to find that action with Hell Ride. -- Paul Gaita"