What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

i liked it, but it is definitely not for everyone. It's a slow moving film, but I thought it was beautifully photographed, and it managed to keep my interest up.

Other movies I recently watched and I thought were very good:

The Ghost Writer: a 70s style thriller, slow moving but very interesting, well written and acted. For people who like 70s thrillers like Three Days Of The Condor and the Parallax View.

Gone Baby Gone: Boston based thriller directed by Ben Affleck, based on a novel by Dennis Lehane of Mystic River fame. I thought this movie was even better.

The Town, also directed by Ben Affleck, also set in Boston. Not as good as Gone Baby Gone, but still very enjoyable. This guy can really direct!

"Same Same but Different"

About a German backpacker who goes to PP and falls in love with a BG (Some Germans can be really stupid... :cool: ) and later learns that she is HIV positive.

Great movie. Highly recommended.

I just posted some additonal info in the culture sub-forum: Rink

6VjZSx6bjqk

Just saw The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" at RCA last night. Brilliant, wondeful atmosphere, great story, and very pleased to see a non Hollywood movie.

Tomorrow last day!

I just watched a torrent of this dubbed to English (as I was feeling lazy though not normally a fan of dubbed stuff) and really enjoyed it. Not sure I will bother with following 2 though (Fire & Hornets Nest) unless I can find similar.

Robin & the Seven Hoods. Classic Americana. Frankie, Deano, Sammy, the Bingster, Edward G Robinson, etc. Very fun. T'was the vehicle for Sinatra's famous Sammy Cahn written "My Kind of Town."

Peter Falk was in it too, and you could see that this movie is where his Columbo TV character came from.

OK. This is a repeat.

And you may have to have been in the military to really get the humor and irony.

But I have viewed again as it has hit the tele.

The more I watch it the more funny/ironic it gets.

This is not a movie that you can watch just once as you will miss some of the real good lines/images.

What a superb job the writers and director did with this movie.

A BBC movie. Filmed in New Mexico/Puerto Rico/Hollywood.

The Men Who Stare at Goats

Classic lines: We're Americans. We are here to help you.

Well the hooker thing is definitely a lie.