What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Just viewed "The Girl who Kicked the Hornets Nest", the last of the Millennium series, written by the late Swedish journalist Larsson.

I really liked the series...a trilogy that held one's attention.

I've seen an interview by Charlie Rose, with Noomi Rapace, who played the lead role of Lisbeth Salander, the girl in the movie. Rapace in person looks nothing like the girl she portrayed...she's an attractive and petite blond.

• 2 weeks later...

Catch Me If You Can (2002)

Directed by Spielberg, with Tom Hanks, Leonardo DiCaprio and Christopher Walken.

"A true story about Frank Abagnale Jr. who, before his 19th birthday, successfully conned millions of dollars worth of checks as a Pan Am pilot, doctor, and legal prosecutor."

Surprised I haven't seen this before! Very enjoyable to watch. :up:

Catch Me If You Can (2002)

Directed by Spielberg, with Tom Hanks, Leonardo DiCaprio and Christopher Walken.

"A true story about Frank Abagnale Jr. who, before his 19th birthday, successfully conned millions of dollars worth of checks as a Pan Am pilot, doctor, and legal prosecutor."

Surprised I haven't seen this before! Very enjoyable to watch. :up:

cool movie , hard to beleive a true story... :surprised:

loved catch me if u can, first saw it in an LOS bar then saw it again (properly) when I got home.

Just finished "Same Same but Different", and like someone else had problems not being able to see any subtitles but all the LOS/Cambo scenes were in English so got the jist of it... made me itchy for another trip

The Girl In The Cafe (2005)

I doubt many will have heard of this one...I hadn't.

A romantic TV film with a political background. I wasn't inclined to watch it but actually it was very enjoyable. :up:

Amazon Synopsis

"Lawrence (Bill Nighy) works for the Chancellor of the Exchequer and barely has time to lace his own shoes let alone conduct a relationship. Then he meets Gina (Kelly Macdonald), a pretty, instinctively reserved but highly enigmatic girl, in a London cafe. A friendship develops between the two, but both, consumed by years of loneliness are guarded.

Gina accompanies Lawrence to the G8 summit in Reykjavik where she surprises herself and shocks everyone else by challenging the conference's established agenda on global poverty. Lawrence is then forced to make an impossible decision - choose between the girl who has given him a new reason to live or the job he has devoted his life to. What will he decide and will the world leaders at the summit take notice of the girl from the cafe?"