What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

In the last week I have seen "True Grit" and "Green Hornet."

Have you seen the original True Grit with the famous John Wayne? If so' date=' I am interested how you compared John Wayne's credibility in the role as opposed to Jeff Bridges.

Being a great John Wayne fan I am slightly opposed to give it my 10 cents :) However, I should watch it since I already have it lol

I just watched the Town, it was quite a good film, very watchable and much better than I thought it would be.[/quote']

Yes The Duke was America as she stood, fuck the trash assed pussies who would say other wise, as their candy asses are nothing with out us. Again fuck them. They owe us, and can suck us...now as for this movie...Awesome...maybe the best remake ever...the girl who plays the...well girl, is awesome, worth it for her alone...closer to the book and all that crap...a good movie worth a look and more. Don't be a fag, go see it!

High Noon, Treasure of Sierra Madre, Shane, The Wild Bunch, The Magnificent Seven, Man Called Horse, Jeremiah Johnson -- and of course the great Trifecta of Westerns: Good-Bad-Ugly, Fistful of Dollars, Few Dollars More.

Watched em all a million times and they impacted me -- I'm sure -- growing up.

Almost forgot Josey Wales, Unforgiven, High Plains Drifter.

But, I never did care much for John Wayne. Even as a kid.

:)

Clint Eastwood films are of a high order as well, I too have watched all those films you have mention many times myself :beer:

I watched True Grit last night, the new version, it was quite good, sticks to the original plot buy varies in a few places. Matt Damon playing Glenn Cambell's role does not come off in places, but Jeff Bridges played a sight;y gruffer Rooster Cogburn and it seemed to work well.

High Noon, Treasure of Sierra Madre, Shane, The Wild Bunch, The Magnificent Seven, Man Called Horse, Jeremiah Johnson -- and of course the great Trifecta of Westerns: Good-Bad-Ugly, Fistful of Dollars, Few Dollars More.

Watched em all a million times and they impacted me -- I'm sure -- growing up.

Almost forgot Josey Wales, Unforgiven, High Plains Drifter.

But, I never did care much for John Wayne. Even as a kid.

:)

I see you like your western classics. I don't see any Anthony Mann westerns in your list. He is my favourite western director. Every movie he did with James Stewart (Winchester '73, Bend of the River, The Naked Spur, The Man from Laramie, The Far Country) is great, as are The Tin Star with Henry Fonda and Man Of The West with Gary Cooper.

Embarrassed to say I've never seen an Anthony Mann film. Netflix can remedy that. Thanks.

All the films I listed except the first three were passed on to me by my father (he had them on tape in his library, except for 'Unforgiven,' which we went to see together in the theater).

A girl in LA took me to see 'Treasure of Sierra Madre,' when it was shown at the Hollywood Forever cemetery (yep) on Santa Monica Blvd. Was surprised how much I liked it, and how dark and un-Disney the story was (good guy is overcome by greed, destroys his companions, ends up dead -- not your typical movie fare).

Also, about Gary Cooper, the more I'm exposed to his work, the more I appreciate him.

"Badges? We don't need no steekin' badges!"

nsdZKCh6RsU

Huge Bogie fan here!

Anyway, I just finally watched the animated Megamind. Cool plot line, one I have discussed many times in a drunken haze in an existentialist context: if you are the mega-bad (or mega-good) guy, what happens when you win and there is no more opposition?

Enjoyable flick.

Both Tin Star and man of the West are great films, I have them in my collection. Henry Fonda's acting in Tin Star was a very solid performance.

Another great Henry Fonda western was "My Darling Clementine" directed by the legendary John Ford.

If you want to watch another great western, look at "The Westerner" with Gary Cooper and Walter Brennan, here Brennan actually plays a bad man, which he does quite well, as opposed to his usually clumsy, fun-loving old fool type role.

just watched The Tourist with La Jolie and Depp...... weak movie, weak story, all IMO of course...

BB

Your opinion seems to be shared by most ALL professional movie critics. I like Jolie and Depp...good actors and usually in good movies. I don't think I'll even rent this one when it's put on the shelf.

HH