What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Last night I d/l'ed and watched...

"The Next Three Days", starring Russell Crowe and Elizabeth Banks and an important contribution by Liam Neeson.

I was like a roller coaster ride...the first half of the movie is a rather slow developing the plot, like the coaster climbing the rise before the real ride begins. And, begins it did, becoming quite intense for the last half of the film. Recommended!

:yeahthat:

saw black sheep (NZ) last night.. Horror/comedy about a bunch of genetically engineered sheep in NZ who go feral and start killing people... Great laugh and pretty well done. Love it when ppl take the piss out of themselves

Elephant White.

Set in Thailand. Don't waste your time, even with Kevin Bacon and Djimon Hounsou as stars (and I like them both). Thai director Prachya Pinkaew did this, and he has a long list of bad shit, even tho' he did "Chocolate" which was actually pretty OK.

And the copy I saw was a "working editing copy," from a local torrent, but it doesn't matter. Nothing can save this one.

The only fun was trying to pick out the shooting locations while laughing at the movie. And Bacon's character's accent -- not horrid, but not convincing either. An unnecessary exercise, I'd say.

YMMV. :dunno:

Saw this one years ago and it left me with a sense of melancholy that lingered for a few days.

Powerful film, not what I expected and I know many who didn't like it at all. Chronicles someone's descent into a difficult mental condition - but who is still able to find a genuine (albeit unusual) voice of artistic expression. Not glamorized, you can see the loss. And the impact. But it's also hopeful in strange way.