What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

The Long Goodbye. A Robert Altman-directed Raymond Chandler/Philip Marlowe adaption.

It was an Altman. What can you say? It was (of course) excellent, in a "neo-"noir kinda way. Not as dark as a Lynch film, nor as comedic as, say, M*A*S*H* by Altman, but highly entertaining regardless. And makes one long for the LA of the mid-70s. So very cool! Marlowe's High Tower apartment...how bad-ass is that?

Makes me sad they are going to try to remake that one too. I am so pissed off about remaking Dudley Moore/John Gielgud's Arthur. Now this. FFS Hollywood, get an original idea, you lame-ass idiots! Remaking classics is pathetic.

If they try to remake Bullitt, I'll personally go over there and kick some ass LOL!

Some say it was loosley based on John Ford's the Searchers. In fact, some of Clint's films are bits and pieces of old John Wayne or classic western films, another one that comes to mind is Clint's "Unforgiven", which has many correlations to "Shane" :beer:

Yes, I agree, Gran Torino was a good film

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Clint did an interview awhile back on the tele.

One tidbit of the bridge blowing up in Spain. According to Clint. The Spanish Army engineers built the bridge. And the top Spanish general was invited by Sergio to view the actual blowing up of the bridge.

Sergio advised Clint and Eli to go down closer to view bridge being blown up. Eli asked Clint if the spot where Sergio advised them to go might be a tad too close to explosion. Both Clint and Eli stayed far away from the explosion.

The 2nd part of that story was that the Spanish General was told by Sergio that when he states "OK" - the Spanish general could press the buttom to blow up the bridge. Sergio had many camera angles and cameras. Sergio was contacting each cameraman and asking if each was set up and ready to shoot. One of them yelled back "OK". When the Spanish general heard the "OK" he blew up the bridge. Too early for correct filming.

And as Clint stated, the bridge was completely rebuilt. A second bridge was used for filming.

I remember reading this interview with Sergio Leone, damn I wish I still had it. Anyway, he talked about wanting several other actors to play 'blondie' (eg, the man with no name), other than Eastwood. But they all turned it down or had other commitments.

He said when Eastwood did his screentest he wanted him to go for 'realism,' and Leone was pissed off that he was just walking around upright, totally calm, in the gunfight scenes.

But then when they played back the scenes - it came across as a guy who didn't give a shit (and therefore was dangerous). And it worked.

Eastwood got the part.

Have I mentioned this movie?

Great movie for former military guys or those who wish that they were in the military or those who love conspiricy theories. Or just ordinary Tin Hat people.

If I have mentioned this movie before please let me know.

I tend to repeat myself lately.

And I wash my hands many multiple times per day.

Some tell me that this may be an issue for me and that I should seek serious psychiatric theapy.

Have I mentioned this movie?

Great movie for former military guys or those who wish that they were in the military or those who love conspiricy theories. Or just ordinary Tin Hat people.

If I have mentioned this movie before please let me know.

I tend to repeat myself lately.

And I wash my hands many multiple times per day.

Some tell me that this may be an issue for me and that I should seek serious psychiatric theapy.

You nickname on this board from now on shall be Timmy Two Times

F-PHCaf9JnE