What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

I love the series as well. I am very worried about Matt Damon not being part in future movies as well as the director (the reason why he left).

Robert Ludlum only wrote three Bourne novels which the movies are based on so there shouldn't really be any more. However there probably will be and like you I worry what they'll be like without Damon and Greengrass.

Body of Lies

Not the first time I have watched this movie and won't be the last.

How can it not be excellent with Ridley Scott at the helm and DiCaprio and Crowe as lead actors. :up::up::up:

"Roger Ferris is a CIA operative in the Middle East; Ed Hoffman is his control at Langley. Cynicism is everywhere. In Amman, Roger works with Hani Salaam, Jordan's head of security, whose only dictum is "Don't lie to me." The Americans are in pursuit of a cleric who leads a group placing bombs all over Europe. When Hani rebukes Ed's demand that Jordan allow the Americans to use one of Jordan's double agents, Roger and Ed hatch a plan to bring the cleric to them. The plan is complicated by its being a secret from Hani and by Roger's attraction to a local nurse. Satellites and cell phones, bodies and lies: modern warfare."

Slapshot with Paul Newman. Old 70s film. Saw it once before on video at a friend's house in high school but didn't really appreciate what it had to offer.

I don't even know how to describe this film. It isn't heavy, but it's pretty fucking good in subtle ways (though the behavior in the film is anything but subtle). Down and out hockey team in an economically depressed area resorts to juvenile antics and violence on the ice to draw the crowd. Aging coach Paul Newman manipulates this, as his own future hangs in the balance. Definite thumbs up.

The film is an adaptation of a book written by a woman who's husband was a hockey player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJkHm2WtSsk

I picked up three movies for 99B out of a remainder bin in the new mall the other day.

I watched one of them, "The Man Who Wasn't There" last night, a very dark drama with Billy Bob Thornton as a cuckolded husband who blackmails his wife's lover resulting in murder.

Wasn't bad, a bit strange in places.

Watched Blade Runner again last night, I find it one of the best movies of all times if not the best Sci-Fi film (up their with the original Time machine).

The movie has one of the best near ending lines, "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off

the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die." :beer:

Ps I would add 10 stars but the new board won't let me do so ... I get a "You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message" message :beer:

Watched Blade Runner again last night, I find it one of the best movies of all times if not the best Sci-Fi film (up their with the original Time machine).

The movie has one of the best near ending lines, "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off

the shoulder of Orion. I've watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die." :beer:

Ps I would add 10 stars but the new board won't let me do so ... I get a "You have posted a message with more emoticons that this board allows. Please reduce the number of emoticons you've added to the message" message :beer:

Yep. A perfect movie. Fantastic cast, revolutionary depiction of a future city, perfect atmosphere and soundtrack, great story... thumbup.gif

i watched Jaws recently and throughly enjoyed it again.

dated by modern standards but a shocker at the time.

i remember walking about 3 miles to the local cinema with a group of friends to see the film on the first day of release aged 15/16 and the audience jumping out of their skins at certain scenes.

always good to sit next to a lass as the first thing they grabbed was you and that warm feeling occured..... :blink:

I watched the second of my 3 for 99B movies last night, "Willard".

Surprisingly I'd never seen it before and kept looking over my shoulder for rats when I heard a noise in the house.

And I also kept waiting for Drew Barrymore to appear on the scene and attack Willard with a sword. B)