What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Hi,

Saw Trollhunter last night, a Norwegian budget movie. Rather enjoyed it to be honest, and they managed to make the effects quite decent on a - likely small - budget.

Sanuk!

Watched it last night. Would've never picked this film on my own but saw your rec and thought -- ahh, what the hell. Anyway, they took Blair Witch Project and turned it into something entirely different and it worked. A lot of inside humor (and I imagine there was even more I missed that would be appreciated by a Norwegian) - but also sucked you in. Very well done, especially considering the subject.

Loved it when the cameraman was killed and they were all wondering to each other: 'why didn't he just tell us he was a Christian'

(you have to see the film to get that).

:)

Worked out how to attach my new laptop to the TV with a HDMI cable.

Works a lot better than copying downloaded videos to a memory stick then trying to play it on the TV.

Watched "Tell Them Willie Boy Is Here" last night.

Definitely needed something... more female nudity?

Having quoted from it in a post yesterday (dykes) I decided to watch it again last night. Still an excellent film and Robin Williams is superb, especially his radio monologues.

Also his attempt at dating a local girl made me think of Coss's current situation.

Filmed in Thailand it also has a lot of footage of the countryside which is lovely to see.

• 2 weeks later...

Having quoted from it in a post yesterday (dykes) I decided to watch it again last night. Still an excellent film and Robin Williams is superb, especially his radio monologues.

Also his attempt at dating a local girl made me think of Coss's current situation.

Filmed in Thailand it also has a lot of footage of the countryside which is lovely to see.

Just watched White Elephant starring Kevin Bacon .

This movie is set in Bangkok ..a few shots outside Dollhouse and the entrance to Soi Cowboy early on in the movie....fast paced and lots of action ..

This movie is set in Bangkok ..a few shots outside Dollhouse and the entrance to Soi Cowboy early on in the movie....fast paced and lots of action ..

watched 'air america'last night.

i know a whimsical film featuring 2 of the bigger stars of the day(mel gibson and robert downey jr.) and i imagine people from that era will slag it off as crap and totally unrealistic.

but who knows if things shown in the film are sorta true?.

i treat it as a fun film to watch and just enjoy the fantasy,

little scenes of ladies dancing and a few language phrases i understood.

just a good way to spend a couple of hours and not think too much.

Didn't know about "Elephant White" and just downloaded it via Torrent.

I have seen worse Bangkok movies. The storyline was somewhat mixed between a typical Western action B movie and Thai mysticism.

Didn't know about "Elephant White" and just downloaded it via Torrent.

I have seen worse Bangkok movies. The storyline was somewhat mixed between a typical Western action B movie and Thai mysticism.

PS: After thinking about the movie a little bit more about the movie, it's clear that most part of the storyline is complete bullshit. That the hero is almost never being hit by bullets is action movie standard. But that he did a Heroin detox with Thail girl by strapping her one a pole for one night is really absurd. The next morning the girls wakes up looking much more fresh than a BG after a LT (no smeared make up, clean clothes, no vomit, no pee, e,g,).

And the finale of the movie is equally stupid.