What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Crips and Bloods: Made in America.

Seriously good documentary.

Stacy Peralta, also did Dogtown and Z-boys. If you haven't seen it, give it a watch. When I watched Crips and Bloods I thought -- hold on a second, I've seen these guys before. Sure enough, one of the narrators (an actual longstanding crip) had a role in 'Training Day,' which utilized actual gangmembers for several scenes (didn't know prior). Anyway, it is an intelligent discussion of the evolution of the gang epidemic in LA.

One of my favorite clips from Dogtown/z-boys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGehaXk09pc&list=FLSfVYwN0m9LZbQpviGNUjRQ&feature=mh_lolz

Just saw the "Scorpion King 3". Downloaded via torrent. Release date Jan 17 _2012_.

I guess its the worst movie I saw in 2011. To call it a B Movie would be too much of a compliment.

I guess the budget was so low that they had to rent the costumes from several movies. In the movie you see warriors with Roman armor, Thai soldiers with elephants, Japanese Ninjas, Mongolians, Phrygians (they looked like Smurfs with golden caps, the so called Phrygian cap) and Beduines. Regardless they seemed to have had only money for around 50 extras...

The props looked like being made from cardboard.

The script is unbelievable bad.

It was filmed in Thailand, I guess mostly in Ayutayya.

Cheyenne Autumn with Jimmy Stewart stealing the show as a very different Wyatt Earp.

Apparently the "Cheyenne" were Navaho and spoke that language during the film and actually say things, mostly ribald or obscene, that have nothing to do with the scene supposedly being played in the movie.

Just saw the "Scorpion King 3". Downloaded via torrent. Release date Jan 17 _2012_.

I guess its the worst movie I saw in 2011. To call it a B Movie would be too much of a compliment.

I guess the budget was so low that they had to rent the costumes from several movies. In the movie you see warriors with Roman armor, Thai soldiers with elephants, Japanese Ninjas, Mongolians, Phrygians (they looked like Smurfs with golden caps, the so called Phrygian cap) and Beduines. Regardless they seemed to have had only money for around 50 extras...

The props looked like being made from cardboard.

The script is unbelievable bad.

It was filmed in Thailand, I guess mostly in Ayutayya.

For sure, a don't think too mutt movie!

Tough to keep awake, so if you need a few hours of sleep, give it a look!!

**, being kind for the holidays...