What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, wrong movie... she's still worth a look though.

not a film but a musical.

read a comic book version of les miserables before i was a teenager and i read the book at a young age.

i was entranced by the book and class it among 2 of the best novels written.

i have seen the stage show many times and never fail to cry at the story and the songs sung.

went to london this week and saw it again and was spellbound as usual.

watched a tv programme about the show last night and just sat on my bed with tears in my eyes as they told the story............brilliant.

watched war horse yesterday and it is magnificent. has humor, compassion, violence, sadness.....just a great movie, made me shed a few tears :surprised:

Just saw "Contraband" about 2 hours ago. Basically sucked. Bad guys over-the-top nasty. You'd think such sociopaths would kill eachother off rather than be able to be long-time criminals. In fact, NOBODY in the movie was very likeable. Hard to empathize with any of them...even the "hero". Plot was patched together with duct tape. No plot points. Characterization was old and worn out. Should've stayed at home and watched reruns of The Simpson's on TV. Catch it on rental, if you must. Better to just get a pirated copy if really desperate.

LP...heard that War Horse was a tear-jerker. I'll bring some tissues to the theater if I see it. But next up will be the latest "Sherlock Holmes", "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol", and "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy".

HH

Just saw "Contraband" about 2 hours ago. Basically sucked. Bad guys over-the-top nasty. You'd think such sociopaths would kill eachother off rather than be able to be long-time criminals. In fact, NOBODY in the movie was very likeable. Hard to empathize with any of them...even the "hero". Plot was patched together with duct tape. No plot points. Characterization was old and worn out. Should've stayed at home and watched reruns of The Simpson's on TV. Catch it on rental, if you must. Better to just get a pirated copy if really desperate.

LP...heard that War Horse was a tear-jerker. I'll bring some tissues to the theater if I see it. But next up will be the latest "Sherlock Holmes", "Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol", and "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy".

HH

Saw Contraband last weekend, agree completly. Waste of time.

Sherlock Holmes is pretty good. Robert Downey Jr. is well on the way to creating a character to rival ole Capt’n Jack. Could be fun for many more years…

Mission Impossible was also good. The scenes at the tower are really something. Tom Cruise is really getting old and is not aging well but he certainly carried this one off.

I just read the War Horse book a couple of weeks ago and saw the preview for the movie last weekend. Excellent story and indeed a tear jerker. Spielberg directed the movie, has to be good, he rarely misses.

TH

For a second I thought the previous post was about the movie 'Warrior'. I am too lazy to go back enough pages to see if anyone wrote about it but I saw it recently and loved it. The movie with mixed martial arts as the background. I am getting soft in my old age 'cause I shed a tear at the end.