What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Battleship. Unrealistic and contrived is an understatement. The special effects were very good, but didn’t make up for the script or acting at all.

Just saw The Raven. Very ambiguous about it. Had its moments, but overall, wouldn’t rate it very highly.

TH

For being a singer, without training, Rihanna did decently enough. Would have loved to see someone bang her though. Namely me.

So much more they could have done with that movie. I think they force love stories in many movies to get chicks to the theatres for 'action movies' but its not needed to be successful. Iron man didn't have much of a love story and the series is popular.

The 'Blade' series is another. The X-Men developed a more contrived love story or two but the first didn't have much of one.

Melancholia :up: :up: :up:

Captain America.

i like the comics made into films.

as a pre-teen i used to enjoy reading the mags and a highlight for me was to go to the shops on a Saturday and buying the latest ones available.

never really knew much about Captain America at the time or now and obviously a very American patriotic piece of work.

but i like these films as you have no need to think,just watch.

Spiderman was my fave comic and The Sandman has always been my fave villian,disappointed in the film version though where he was the baddie.

but i also enjoyed The Fantastic 4 comics.

i look forward to the Avengers Assemble film coming up,hopefully some thing thing to watch on my next flight to Thailand.

i can just sit back and go into dreamland.

Guest lazyphil

starting watching mean streets the other day on tv, not seen before, fell asleep, boring....how does it end? prefere scarface from that era

• 1 month later...

The Guard

Starring Brendan Gleeson and Don Cheadle.

"Sergeant Gerry Boyle is a small-town Irish cop with a confrontational personality, a subversive sense of humor, a dying mother, a fondness for prostitutes, and absolutely no interest whatsoever in the international cocaine-smuggling ring that has brought straight-laced FBI agent Wendell Everett to his door."

A great little "black" comedy although some may find some of the Irish accents hard to understand at times. Plenty of swearing and definitely not PC. :rotfl:

Saw 'Battleship' and didn't like it. It was contrived and unrealistic in many areas. The love story scenario and the 'hero' was not believable at all. Some good special effects but too many things just not adding up for my cycical self to enjoy it.

Yep, a movie for 14 year old boys in puberty.