What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

The Tree of Life

The Tree of Life is a 2011 American drama film with experimental elements written and directed by Terrence Malick and starring Brad Pitt, Sean Penn and Jessica Chastain. The film chronicles the origins and meaning of life by way of a middle-aged man's childhood memories of his family living in 1950s Texas, interspersed with imagery of the origins of the universe and the inception of life on Earth.

A beautifully shot film that is bound to wow any 17 year olds looking for the meaning of life.

Which as we all know is 42.

a little off topic.

what is this thing for re-makes?.

Total Recall and Judge Dredd coming out soon.

not the best of films in the first place and i certainly won't be wasting cash going to see them.

do the film studios have no new ideas of films?.

It relatively safe investment. And I guess it's much less stressful for the decision makers, since they don't have to develop a new story and decide about the scrips and they even know the visuals already.

Some time ago I saw a remake of Conan. Of corse the visual effects are much better, but we are very much used computer animated stuff. And as if Schwarzenegger could be substituted by a well build but completely average looking actor... I guess it's the same with Total Recall. No current actor has the physical presence (in regard to guys with huge muscles) as Schwarzenegger had in his younger years.

Teddy Bear

Star of the movie...me 5555555555555555555555555555555555555555555555

I got most of the film time in the advert/preview of the movie but one of the "real" stars, David Winters, ended up on the cutting floor more then me :dunno:

Muscle man, Kim Kold, goes to Pattaya, finds the love of hos life. Fun to see me and some of me mates in the flick. A don't think too mutt movie, IMO.

Guest lazyphil

The Tree of Life

The Tree of Life is a 2011 American drama film with experimental elements written and directed by Terrence Malick and starring Brad Pitt, Sean Penn and Jessica Chastain. The film chronicles the origins and meaning of life by way of a middle-aged man's childhood memories of his family living in 1950s Texas, interspersed with imagery of the origins of the universe and the inception of life on Earth.

A beautifully shot film that is bound to wow any 17 year olds looking for the meaning of life.

terrence malick directed 2 of my favorite films, badlands and the thin red line so i might give it a look.

The Tree of Life

Might as well look here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DA2MKuI6fs

High Fidelity, along with an explanation for a "Chick Flick."

Chick flick is a slang term for a film mainly dealing with love and romance and designed to appeal to a largely female target audience. Although many types of films may be directed toward the female gender, "chick flick" is typically used only in reference to films that are heavy with emotion or contain themes that are relationship-based (although not necessarily romantic as many other themes may be present.)

Shit

High Fidelity, along with an explanation for a "Chick Flick."

Chick flick is a slang term for a film mainly dealing with love and romance and designed to appeal to a largely female target audience. Although many types of films may be directed toward the female gender, "chick flick" is typically used only in reference to films that are heavy with emotion or contain themes that are relationship-based (although not necessarily romantic as many other themes may be present.)

Shit

Actually I am not a fan of romance movies aka chik flicks, but "Friends with Benefits "is actually a great movie. Highly entertaining. Mila Kunis is great and sexy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJS-wWqVAyk