What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

The Wolverine

***1/2

Set mostly in Japan, which I can strongly relate to.

Hugh Jackman, buffed to the max! Congrats on him, as the effort shows!!

A bit of a twist in the ending.

Saw it on the big screen, so it was OK and I am a sci-fi buff anyways. :dunno:

The Wolverine

***1/2

Set mostly in Japan, which I can strongly relate to.

Hugh Jackman, buffed to the max! Congrats on him, as the effort shows!!

A bit of a twist in the ending.

Saw it on the big screen, so it was OK and I am a sci-fi buff anyways. :dunno:

Saw the movie as well. It was def. better than the last X-Men movies.

By the way most of the Japan scenes have been filmed in Australia (the Alaska scene was filmed in New Zealand). Only a few street scenes are actually from Japan, like the "Love Hotel" scene. The "Love Hotel" is a famous building often published in books on Japanese architecture. Anyway in reality it's a 'capsule hotel' with tiny single rooms.

http://www.filmapia.com/search/node/wolverine

The Lone Ranger - Not bad, as one could imagine Johnny Depp did a good job playing Tonto (he seems to like dressing up now doesn't he), and the final 30 odd minutes were fantastic. However a good 30-40 minutes could have been sliced out of the middle and we found ourselves wondering when something was going to happen at that point.

I don't think reviewers liked the idea of a white man playing Tonto. The TV Tonto was a Mohawk Indian. Depp says he "thinks" there is an Indian somewhere way back in his family. Native American groups told him to prove it.

And while Depp received flack as a white actor playing a Native American, he was very careful to consult with leaders of Native American communities, including William "Two Raven" Voelker, as an adviser to the film.

"The production was blessed by the Navajo and the Comanche and I got a call from LaDonna Harris, who has been a Comanche activist for many years, to say that she wanted to adopt me into her family and into the Comanche nation. It's a great honor," Depp boasted.

Read more at http://global.christianpost.com/news/johnny-depp-buying-site-of-wounded-knee-battle-for-native-americans-99862/#YMeuE7wcfP8Ckzrd.99