What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Calvary (2014)

Absolutely superb.

"CALVARY's Father James (Brendan Gleeson) is a good priest who is faced with sinister and troubling circumstances brought about by a mysterious member of his parish. Although he continues to comfort his own fragile daughter (Kelly Reilly) and reach out to help members of his church with their various scurrilous moral - and often comic - problems, he feels sinister and troubling forces closing in, and begins to wonder if he will have the courage to face his own personal Calvary."

Directed by John Michael McDonagh (his brother directed In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths), who also directed The Guard, and also starring the brilliant Brendan Gleeson.

The Place Beyond The Pines (2012)

Excellent.

"A motorcycle stunt rider turns to robbing banks as a way to provide for his lover and their newborn child, a decision that puts him on a collision course with an ambitious rookie cop navigating a department ruled by a corrupt detective."

The Place Beyond The Pines (2012)

Excellent.

"A motorcycle stunt rider turns to robbing banks as a way to provide for his lover and their newborn child, a decision that puts him on a collision course with an ambitious rookie cop navigating a department ruled by a corrupt detective."

I liked that film but disliked it also. Brilliant thought provoking film making but there was something annoying about it.

I saw a couple of good movies recently with nice twists. On one, the twist gradually dawns on you; and on the other, it comes suddenly like a slap on the face. Killing Season (2013) w/ Robert De Niro and John Travolta and Odd Thomas (2013). [i love a movie with a good twist at the end :)]

Killing Season (2013) w/ Robert De Niro and John Travolta

Watched it a couple of nights ago and have to say it's one of the stupidest most pointless movies I have ever seen! Why are De Niro and Travolta demeaning themselves by appearing in trash like this?! :shakehead

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang (2005)

IMDB - "A murder mystery brings together a private eye, a struggling actress, and a thief masquerading as an actor."

A bit different from the norm with Robert Downey Jr narrating. Good entertainment, enjoyed it a lot and Michelle Monaghan is hot.

Law Abiding Citizen (2009)

IMDB - "A frustrated man decides to take justice into his own hands after a plea bargain sets one of his family's killers free. He targets not only the killer but also the district attorney and others involved in the deal."

I have to say this was unexpectedly excellent. Only the end was a wee bit disappointing after so many surprises.

Into The Wild (2007)

IMDB - "Based on a true story. After graduating from Emory University, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless abandons his possessions, gives his entire $24,000 savings account to charity and hitchhikes to Alaska to live in the wilderness. Along the way, Christopher encounters a series of characters that shape his life."

I wasn't expecting much but really enjoyed it. Of course with Sean Penn directing I should have expected quality.