What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Watched it a couple of nights ago and have to say it's one of the stupidest most pointless movies I have ever seen! Why are De Niro and Travolta demeaning themselves by appearing in trash like this?! :shakehead

You may have missed the gist of the movie. There is a great twist in the plot that gradually reveals itself. In the opening scene, the main character (John Travolta) is kneeling to be shot for Bosnian war crimes. He's the last one in the row of men to be shot in the back of the head. There is an executioner behind each man to be shot. The execution starts in sequence, but very quickly. When it is his turn, there is a long pause before the shot, and it gave him a chance to turn around to get a good look at his executioner. He somehow survives; and years later, after the war, he travels to USA to seek this "executioner" (De Niro). It looks like he's seeking revenge against the shooter during most of the movie but, as Travolta goes about trying to kill De Niro, it gradually dawns on him and to the audience that this "executioner" is the ARCHETYPICAL GOOD GUY and had actually saved his life by shooting him in the spot that would allow him to survive. That is the twist. I liked the movie --

Game of Thrones

Season 4

Episode 10, last episode of the season

Wraps up some loose ends and leaves you wanting Season 5 to start!

The first three books have been covered in the four seasons.

I am now reading book 5 and it is gripping! Book four was a slow, sleepy read but book five

is good, especially being the final book...or not???

Warrior (2011)

IMDB - "The youngest son of an alcoholic former boxer returns home, where he's trained by his father for competition in a mixed martial arts tournament - a path that puts the fighter on a collision corner with his older brother."

I wasn't expecting too much of a fight flik but it's actually very good and the MMA fight scenes are very realistic.

The Avengers 2012

IMDB - "Nick Fury of S.H.I.E.L.D. assembles a team of superheroes to save the planet from Loki and his army."

Superhero movies are not really my cup of tea, although I did like the Hulk movies and Ironman, however I really enjoyed this and the special effects are superb.

Hi,

Watched both The Amazing Spiderman 2 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier over the weekend.

Was not impressed by the spiderman movie, didn't like the sappy 'romantic comedy' scenes in it.

Captain America on the other hand I really enjoyed.

Also watched 'Noah' recently, which I thought was utter garbage.

Sanuk!